What's new

PIF: For Cella Virgins. Who here has never tried Cella?

IN!

Never tried it but always heard of it and would love a sample. Reading reviews over the years made me want to try the soap block, but hated to get the huge 1 kilo block just to test.

I had the first shave with Cella today. The smell from the small tub is strong, sweet and pleasant. I didn't find that the smell continued when I was face-lathering, but I did load pretty lightly, and maybe the concentrated smell of the tub saturated my sniffer so that I didn't notice any scent that was less strong.

That light load allowed me to make barely enough lather for my two-pass-and-buffing, but the thin lather I got was plenty slick! Overall, I got a good shave from the soap and SWMBO is happy with the result.

I didn't have any of the irritation that some people report, and post-shave feel is really nice. I looked at the ingredients and didn't see the offending term that people mentioned, but maybe I don't know what to look for. I was, however, pleasantly surprised to see that coconut oil was the first ingredient and tallow was listed second.

I'll use it again tomorrow and increase my loading to get a proper lather.

Top Bottom