What's new

Official title of this style of shaving?

It's usually called "traditional shaving" I think.
"Wetshaving" just means using water in the process -even a MachIII and Gillette Foamy shave would qualify!

+1

I think most people understand it right away, and it has connotations of something that has stood the test of time. Not the latest whim of "Madison Avenue".

i simply say "i shave with a straight razor"....

if that gets a blank look i repeat "me afeito con una navaja"...

if that gets a blank look... i point up and say "look"... then i walk away...

I always say "classic shaving" when talking to friends who use electric or MBMs. They know what I mean because they've seen my bathroom at one time or another. ;) BTW, a year ago I was saying "I hate shaving" - then I found DE shaving while trying to save money on blades. Now I love shaving and have a bunch of ADs! I never suspected this would have happened to me. :)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I just call it shaving, with the understanding that what the rest of the world does may constitute removing hair from one's face, but it isn't shaving.

If the uninitiated fail to grasp the difference, I'm not concerned. That's their problem.

Removal of the tonsils?

Tonsillectomy.

Removal of the appendix?

Appendecectomy.

Removal of hemorrhoids?

Hemorrhoidectomy.

Removal of a growth from the face?

Shave.

OMyMyOHellYes

It's usually called "traditional shaving" I think.
"Wetshaving" just means using water in the process -even a MachIII and Gillette Foamy shave would qualify!

I agree, wet shaving describes several ways to shave - DE shaving is what I like - using a tool fitted with a DE blade to shave .

Top Bottom