What's new

Show Us Your Guitar(s)

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
1631362769607.png

5005CFE9-B708-4378-9238-CD2BE6697158.jpeg

My favorite axe the past few years. I have some that are “nicer” or more collectible, but this is the one I want to play most of the time. All stock hardware replaced with nicer Gotoh stuff, stock pickups replaced with Duncan’s, nut replaced with Tusq, and CTS 550k pots from Art of Tone.

Some lovely instruments here. 🙂

Can't show you any pics coz don't have any guitars these days. But did play a lot when younger, mostly an early 70s Kohno classical. Beautiful instrument, and the last one of mine that I sold, very reluctantly due to health reasons, just couldn't play anymore. That was not a happy day in my life. :sad:

But, hey, we have to learn to roll with these things, and somehow keep going and finding the good in life.

Twenty-five years later I still miss playing, but still love hearing others play. Just bowled over at the sheer quantity and quality of both established and young upcoming talent around now, and the music being written for the instrument. I keep finding new stuff on YouTube, etc, all the time. The future of the guitar is in excellent hands. 🙂

Not just the playing and writing, but also some technical developments, in particular the True Temperament fret system. Love to try that one day, even if I can only last a few minutes.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Too scared to play these two out these days as they are too classy for my dive bar $100/man cover gigs!
Guitars are meant to be played. Unless there is a real threat of breakage or theft, I would just use what you want to use. But there is also the philosophy of using the right guitar for the gig too. A custom bling bass might not be the right guitar for the grungy bar band.

Either way, those basses are amazing.

This past weekend I had a bass gig with a popular Black Crowess tribute band. When researching the parts, I figured out most of the bass players on the Crowes used a sunburst P Bass. So of course I had to bring mine for that show. Fender USA Standard P. What a beauty. A pleasure to play. And growling tone for days. I run it through one of my Expandora pedals and get some monster rock tones. Nothing like a nice P Bass. I should play this one more often!

9A11E89E-61C4-453E-94AE-1B7FFB80B497.jpeg

Guitars are meant to be played. Unless there is a real threat of breakage or theft, I would just use what you want to use. But there is also the philosophy of using the right guitar for the gig too. A custom bling bass might not be the right guitar for the grungy bar band.

Either way, those basses are amazing.

This past weekend I had a bass gig with a popular Black Crowess tribute band. When researching the parts, I figured out most of the bass players on the Crowes used a sunburst P Bass. So of course I had to bring mine for that show. Fender USA Standard P. What a beauty. A pleasure to play. And growling tone for days. I run it through one of my Expandora pedals and get some monster rock tones. Nothing like a nice P Bass. I should play this one more often!

View attachment 1626003

This is awesome!!! So jealous that you are playing out again Brad and that is a sweet P. I like your guitarist's Germino too :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Some lovely instruments here. 🙂

Can't show you any pics coz don't have any guitars these days. But did play a lot when younger, mostly an early 70s Kohno classical. Beautiful instrument, and the last one of mine that I sold, very reluctantly due to health reasons, just couldn't play anymore. That was not a happy day in my life. :sad:

But, hey, we have to learn to roll with these things, and somehow keep going and finding the good in life.

Twenty-five years later I still miss playing, but still love hearing others play. Just bowled over at the sheer quantity and quality of both established and young upcoming talent around now, and the music being written for the instrument. I keep finding new stuff on YouTube, etc, all the time. The future of the guitar is in excellent hands. 🙂

Not just the playing and writing, but also some technical developments, in particular the True Temperament fret system. Love to try that one day, even if I can only last a few minutes.
When I hear people complaining about the quality of music out there today I bring up the fact that, yes, the industry promotes crap. However, there is still a lot of great music out there and the Internet makes it easy to find.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
This is awesome!!! So jealous that you are playing out again Brad and that is a sweet P. I like your guitarist's Germino too :)

Thanks Flask. I never stopped playing out. That was just the gig from this past weekend. I try to play out around once a month when my travel schedule allows it. Otherwise, I just hit up all the open mic nights and jams that I can get to. There is a pretty good music scene in South NJ and Philly. We are pretty lucky.

In case you are interested in a little video clip, here's a link. We had some fun with a Led Zep tune with our backup singer Melissa. That was a fun song.

Top Bottom