What's new

Show Us Your Guitar(s)

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
This one does have the 9-hole chambering or whatever it is. It's still about 10 lbs.

Btw, love your top too. Is that Desert burst?

The holes in the Traditional are supposed to be weight relief, not chambering. Big difference. The weight relief should not alter the sound too much, whereas the chambering will alter the sound quite a bit, as that would be big cavities inside the body. Somewhat like a semi-hollow without f-holes. Mine is weight relieved as well. About 8.5 lbs. And yes, it is desert burst. Thanks.

172D6B33-4DEE-40B4-8086-A99C70B6B148.jpeg

The holes in the Traditional are supposed to be weight relief, not chambering. Big difference. The weight relief should not alter the sound too much, whereas the chambering will alter the sound quite a bit, as that would be big cavities inside the body. Somewhat like a semi-hollow without f-holes. Mine is weight relieved as well. About 8.5 lbs. And yes, it is desert burst. Thanks.

View attachment 1302763

Totally!!! Gotcha. Thanks.

Next month I am going to be picking up a Córdoba C5 guitar. It has been decades since I’ve touched a guitar. Anyone have an opinions of self-teaching material. I was looking at this set.

Are you looking at a classical guitar because you want to play classical music? If so, that Gibson program may not be your best bet.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Are you looking at a classical guitar because you want to play classical music? If so, that Gibson program may not be your best bet.
General playing first. Probably take in person lessons when I am about to do classical. Been poking around the Guitar Tricks site- might give them a spin.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Next month I am going to be picking up a Córdoba C5 guitar. It has been decades since I’ve touched a guitar. Anyone have an opinions of self-teaching material.

Recommended/endorsed by celebs, including Mark Knopfler, Brian May, and Steve Vai.

General playing first. Probably take in person lessons when I am about to do classical. Been poking around the Guitar Tricks site- might give them a spin.

Gotcha. Well, like @AimlessWanderer said, JustinGuitar is one of the best places to start for general guitar. Though, if you do plan on switching to classical, I'd probably just start with classical. That way you don't create any bad habits you have to break later.

I would also check out www.thisisclassicalguitar.com for some online lessons if you're planning on going down this path. His YouTube channel has some great stuff.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Recommended/endorsed by celebs, including Mark Knopfler, Brian May, and Steve Vai.
Gotcha. Well, like @AimlessWanderer said, JustinGuitar is one of the best places to start for general guitar. Though, if you do plan on switching to classical, I'd probably just start with classical. That way you don't create any bad habits you have to break later.

I would also check out www.thisisclassicalguitar.com for some online lessons if you're planning on going down this path. His YouTube channel has some great stuff.
Thanks

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Just ordered his first volume off of Amazon.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
For the first time since 1990 or so, I will be a guitar owner. A Cordoba C7 classical guitar. Went to my local guitar center- theirs was damaged. Wasn’t bad, and they were going to give me $100 off. I just couldn’t get over it. It is a beautiful guitar, except for that. If I bought it, every time I picked it up, I would see it, even though it’s on the back. The other two stores that were close either didn’t have it or had catastrophic damage. So, I ordered it and will have it on Wednesday. I am damaged (battling stomach cancer right now), I can’t stomach damage on my guitar. My book should be here tomorrow.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Now I’m fighting guitar center because they don’t have a boxed version of want I want here is my reply.
Thank you. The most important thing to me is that I want an undamaged guitar. If it has any, I will not accept it. I am damaged (I am a cancer patient undergoing chemo), I don’t want my emotional therapy tool to have any. I will see it every time I pick it up. Sorry to be so picky, but I paid full price (when I could have got a damaged one for $100 less), I want it to be perfect. I hope you understand.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Now I’m fighting guitar center because they don’t have a boxed version of want I want here is my reply.
Thank you. The most important thing to me is that I want an undamaged guitar. If it has any, I will not accept it. I am damaged (I am a cancer patient undergoing chemo), I don’t want my emotional therapy tool to have any. I will see it every time I pick it up. Sorry to be so picky, but I paid full price (when I could have got a damaged one for $100 less), I want it to be perfect. I hope you understand.
I buy used....let someone else pay full price and put the first scratch in it. When they get bored with it I'll buy it for half price or less.

I'm broke and don't make a lot of money, but I have decent stuff!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I buy used....let someone else pay full price and put the first scratch in it. When they get bored with it I'll buy it for half price or less.

I'm broke and don't make a lot of money, but I have decent stuff!
Some things I just will not settle on. A used car? Sure, as long as it gently used. I haven’t owned a guitar since 1990, when I picked up a used Les Paul in excellent condition for $700, and my uncle stole it a couple months later. It has taken a lot of time to get over that, but I have. I want perfect, and will pay the price. And I have- now GutarCenter has to pony up. I’ve done my part.

Top Bottom