What's new

Show Us Your Guitar(s)

Another passion (obsession) of mine is guitars. I love playing them, seeing them, talking about them, working on them, etc. So, here's one of mine. I'll share the others later. It's a Bourgeois Sean Watkins LE model built in 2002 (#25 of 25). Adirondack spruce top with Indian rosewood back and sides. This thing has opened up beautifully.

Let's see whatcha got.

watkins.png

I play only kī hōʻalu. But sometimes I’ll grab the guitar in standard and bang around some chords. One ʻukulele is a Martin. The other a Kala. They’re mostly for the kids to grab and chalangalang with. And once in a while we have friends come over who want to kanikapila. Here’s what I have hanging out in the living room.

Attachments

• A8E67C71-36CB-44DC-98F0-5CAF6C696C9D.jpeg
    A8E67C71-36CB-44DC-98F0-5CAF6C696C9D.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 23
  • 8EC8CF1E-9B7E-4E78-9124-D67205216BEC.jpeg
    8EC8CF1E-9B7E-4E78-9124-D67205216BEC.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 20
My wife decided to take it up (apparently when she was a student she played) so I got her a Yamaha which she picked out. She's had one formal lesson so far at a local school / workshop named Travelclef. They posted a video at the end of the lesson - she's in the front middle.

That looks like a great little guitar for finger style blues.
One would think. And it handles blues just fine, but it’s too responsive to give that dead driving dry thump one expects from say an old Martin 00 or a Gibson L-00 when playing FS blues.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Another passion (obsession) of mine is guitars. I love playing them, seeing them, talking about them, working on them, etc. So, here's one of mine. I'll share the others later. It's a Bourgeois Sean Watkins LE model built in 2002 (#25 of 25). Adirondack spruce top with Indian rosewood back and sides. This thing has opened up beautifully.

Let's see whatcha got.

View attachment 1275523
Wow.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Dimarzio Super Distortions?

Well, that guitar was formerly in the collection of the owner of Dean guitars at Dean HQ. When he sold off some of his guitars, he pulled out the Dimarzio Super Distortions, and replaced them with custom double cream Time Capsule pickups from the Dean USA shop. He was hoarding those old 80’s Super Distortions. When I got the guitar, I had some period correct Super Distortions to put in there. But it sounded so incredible I never did it.

Top Bottom