What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It's months and months before I will actually be allowed to finalize my order so my Wolfman shipping question is only marginally urgent.

This is important? (meme).jpg

I've read various places that there are sometimes shipping issues which might make one of the shipping options to the US better than the other. Also I've seen someone concerned about customs or duties or fees involved with importation of the Wolfman to the US, perhaps with UPS, not that I think that's a likely issue, but what do I know.

My guess is I should ask the advice of the Wolfman people shortly before ordering or at the time of ordering, but I'd like to know what the general experience of you gentlemen has been lately so I can quit worrying about it.

First World Problems.jpg

What are the advantages and disadvantages of UPS and USPS when it comes to shipping the Wolfman to the US? Which is better?

I'd be embarrassed to ask questions like this most places, but Big Nurse has assured me this is a safe space.

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim

What are the advantages and disadvantages of UPS and USPS when it comes to shipping the Wolfman to the US? Which is better?

Just use the standard Canada Post option...you have to sign for it and its very safe.
There may be delays with usps but if you waited 9 months you can wait a week more.
They will not doctor the invoice for you, but Ive yet to hear anyone from US pay duties.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It's months and months before I will actually be allowed to finalize my order so my Wolfman shipping question is only marginally urgent.

View attachment 1294638

I've read various places that there are sometimes shipping issues which might make one of the shipping options to the US better than the other. Also I've seen someone concerned about customs or duties or fees involved with importation of the Wolfman to the US, perhaps with UPS, not that I think that's a likely issue, but what do I know.

My guess is I should ask the advice of the Wolfman people shortly before ordering or at the time of ordering, but I'd like to know what the general experience of you gentlemen has been lately so I can quit worrying about it.

View attachment 1294635

I'd be embarrassed to ask questions like this most places, but Big Nurse has assured me this is a safe space.

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim
Love the memes....

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Just use the standard Canada Post option...you have to sign for it and its very safe.
There may be delays with usps but if you waited 9 months you can wait a week more.
They will not doctor the invoice for you, but Ive yet to hear anyone from US pay duties.

Thank you.

Happy shaves,

Jim

For my next Wolfman, I'm debating between DC 1.15/1.35 vs DC 1.35/1.55. I already have the 1.25/1.45 DC, which is stellar. Which razor would you go for? Thanks in advance Gents for any recommendations!

Ps-my name is up on Wolfman list
I would get 135/165. He should do a 165...and it will be a good jump from the 145.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I just sent in the order form because my wife is buying me a Wolfman for my birthday and I need your experience, wisdom, and help selecting the blade gap.

Info:
I’m set on a WR2 SB with WRH2 handle (90mm).
I’ve used Timeless Bronze TRBR38, Timeless Aluminum, Blackland Tradere SB, 34HD, EJ89, 1912s, and my current most used razor is a MMOC.
I have a Barbasol Floating Head inbound.
I love the MMOC efficiency.
I shave every day, usually WTG/ATG sometimes full three passes.

What blade gap will mimic the MMOC results?

I know I have time and will follow the Wolfman threads but if you can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
TIA.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I just sent in the order form because my wife is buying me a Wolfman for my birthday and I need your experience, wisdom, and help selecting the blade gap.

Info:
I’m set on a WR2 SB with WRH2 handle (90mm).
I’ve used Timeless Bronze TRBR38, Timeless Aluminum, Blackland Tradere SB, 34HD, EJ89, 1912s, and my current most used razor is a MMOC.
I have a Barbasol Floating Head inbound.
I love the MMOC efficiency.
I shave every day, usually WTG/ATG sometimes full three passes.

What blade gap will mimic the MMOC results?

I know I have time and will follow the Wolfman threads but if you can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
TIA.
Do you like a hint of blade feel? Do you shave daily?

That’s good to know. Can you use your WR2 1.45 daily or is it too much?
I shave daily. I use different razors everyday because I can, not because I must. That is, I'm never managing my higher efficient razors by using more mild shavers on some days. Everyone's skin is different but I recall shortly after receiving my 1.45 I intentionally used it every day for a week to see if it gave me trouble, which it did not. No doubt the 1.25 is perhaps an easier razor to use, but my experience with the bigger gaps is that they're not to be feared. Have fun choosing!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I shave daily. I use different razors everyday because I can, not because I must. That is, I'm never managing my higher efficient razors by using more mild shavers on some days. Everyone's skin is different but I recall shortly after receiving my 1.45 I intentionally used it every day for a week to see if it gave me trouble, which it did not. No doubt the 1.25 is perhaps an easier razor to use, but my experience with the bigger gaps is that they're not to be feared. Have fun choosing!
This is right — even the higher gaps possess remarkable smoothness. But they might be too good at beard reduction if you want something to shave 24 hours later. That’s why the 1.25 is so great; it possesses the perfect balance of smooth and cutting efficiency for us daily shavers.

Top Bottom