What's new

Best Inexpensive Cream - IYHO

I was interested in getting a cream (just one), but I've spent quite a bit of money recently on straight razors, a new brush, a couple of soaps, so I'm looking for a budget-minded cream that is still a good one. That will give me two soaps and a cream.

I like Old Spice Fresh Limes. Godrej creams are also very good, performance-wise. Although I’m not crazy about their scents.

Oh yeah. I just recently saw that. I was going to make a post about it to see what people thought about it.
Here is an earlier discussion:

Derby Creams
Arko creams
Yardley Gold
Godrej Menthol (or other scents)
Vi-jon (haven't tried yet but waiting on a tube, very affordable)

Lots of inexpensive cream choices. Godrej is one of my favorite creams and would be #1 choice with the price being a added bonus IMO.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Speick
La Toja

From those relatively inexpensive tubes I go up to TOBS or Musgo Real.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod

IMG_20210526_203052.jpg

Palmolive shave cream. About USD 2.50 for a 65g tube. Works very well with SR shaving.

Wow completely different pricing as in Europe.
From those shown I would still go as a budget choice with Vitos 500ml and Lea and would probably add Derby and Vi-John. The 11.99 Lea is huge - 250ml.

Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Whew! That was a lot.

Of these, can anybody speak for the relative quality? I want to know which are confirmed better than others. (I won't bother with the others.)

Thinking of running a grand experiment...

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
If for you price is not an issue than I would go:
La Toja (regular - not sensitive)
Palmolive rinfescante
Mogno
Tabac
Of all these creams I'd try the above. I am also interested in LEA, Noxema, Derby, Omega, and Arko. Is anyone here able to speak to their quality?

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Of all these creams I'd try the above. I am also interested in LEA, Noxema, Derby, Omega, and Arko. Is anyone here able to speak to their quality?

Out of these, I've only tried the Lea cream. Sadly, it was a very bad shave for me. Not sure why but I tried it several times thinking surely it can't be that bad. But it was. For me. YMMV.

When it comes to inexpensive shave cream. . . Speick. Always Speick :thumbup1:

Top Bottom