What's new

Best Inexpensive Cream - IYHO

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
If you can get Nivea shave cream locally, get it. My store quit stocking it. I have two in reserve. I didn't recommend it earlier because I didn't think it was still available.

I have no idea how it performs for SR shavers.
I found the Nivea performed very poorly with SR shaving but worked well with DE and cart shaving.

Many, like myself, love the smell of Poraso red.

I believe you mentioned previously that you've been gone for a while. Then you missed the relatively new Cella Bio. It's a little stiff in the tube, but it performs very well and has a good after feel.
I have the Proraso red soap. I very much like the scent. I've seen the new Cella online. I never tried the old Cella, actually.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I have enjoyed using JM Fraser's cream for years. In a 450ml tub- that's about 1 pound of cream. But I just looked and can't find it anywhere. Even Italian Barber appears to carry it no longer. Usually if an item is out of stock IB still lists it with a note that it's out of stock but it isn't listed at all anymore. I also notice that the Booster line of aftershaves, made by the same people as JM Fraser's, are disappearing as well. This is very sad. JM Fraser's & Booster make me stand up and sing O Canada! whenever I use them.

If you have a Trader Joe's near you try their Honey Mango Shave Cream. It's very inexpensive & very smooth.
But don't buy it on Amazon. It's a lot, lot cheaper in the store. $3.99 in store for 8oz, 12.99 on Amazon for the same 8oz.

If you have a Trader Joe's near you try their Honey Mango Shave Cream. It's very inexpensive & very smooth.
But don't buy it on Amazon. It's a lot, lot cheaper in the store. $3.99 in store for 8oz, 12.99 on Amazon for the same 8oz.
Yes, there is Trader Joe's here. Honey mango sounds like a great dessert. Not sure if I want it on my face. :)

I didn't think I would like it. But I do.
The consistency of the cream is like the Nivea cream. Not as thick as the Cremo. But I still like it.

Meant to say the over-all cream thickness is more like the Neutrogrena & not as thick as the Cremo. Have never used the Nivea cream. Have use their Foam.

I like the Trader Joe's cream & also use the Cremo. initially I didn't care much for the Cremo. But recently have begun adding more water to the Cremo on my face. I start with a thin layer on a wet face & then I rub my wet hands over the Cremo. This changes the consistency of the cream to a soap like texture.

How do you like that lather bowl? thanks

It's the best lather bowl I have. It out performs all my others including my Fine bowl and my Timeless bowl.

Parker_bowl.JPG

I tried the Trader Joe’s Honey Mango this morning. I missed not having a lather, but I have to admit that the performance was excellent. I liked the scent too.
If you add some water to your fingers & rub it over the cream on your face it will give you a little bit of a lather. But it's still very slick & inexpensive. I also like the scent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom