What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Thur 22nd Aug.

Schick J3-Golden 500 & Schick Proline [ 5 ]

IMG_0629.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Well thought I would give this Valet Autostrop C1 a new addition to my razor collection (1st use) and used some caution after watching CAP use his. I had to do some repair to mine and it was interesting because there is not much information on the razor. Previous owner had the tension bar to far down (over bent it) so tension could not be applied to blade in the blade stops a must or the blade will just rattle while shaving, also did a blade stop repair. Now to the shave, the C1 is not for a Newbie IMO to shaving even if it looks cool, it has a lot of blade feel with no top cap. About as close to a straight razor a person can get. Took my time and about the razor weight pressure most of the time and received a CCS,DFS,BBS & no weepers or nicks and the Alum block indicated not much irritation.;) If you like shaving challenges this will not let you down.:001_wub:
Valet auto strop C1 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Ron R

I had to do a test drive of my virgin Pal injecto-matic 1956> razor and the razor is solidly built, easy to find the sweet spot for angle and will not disappoint a person with reasonable hand technique. I used a Schick blade (1) combined that others have suggested and received a excellent shave. My Schick Proline blades I have not received yet and wanted to test them in this one. Just a great razor in the hand also.
Results CCS,DFS,BBb and the Alum block indicated nothing.=:thumbup:
Pal injecto-matic first shave (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Interesting razor @Flintstone65
Thanks! It's probably as close to a "double ring" as I'm going to get -- I'm speaking of the handle, of course ;)!

The blade took more fiddling than my Autostrops, but less than "modification" than my Eagle Lather Catcher....and was easier for me to do than loading an Enders with a Proline o_O!!!

Thanks! It's probably as close to a "double ring" as I'm going to get -- I'm speaking of the handle, of course ;)!

The blade took more fiddling than my Autostrops, but less than "modification" than my Eagle Lather Catcher....and was easier for me to do than loading an Enders with a Proline o_O!!!

You'll get there. And if you don't and decide the enders just aren't for you be sure to let me know, I'd be happy to give them a good home. I'm sure we could work something out.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
You'll get there. And if you don't and decide the enders just aren't for you be sure to let me know, I'd be happy to give them a good home. I'm sure we could work something out.
Thanks -- I actually had that thought as well. I'm not ready to throw in the towel...yet, but I just PM'd you with my latest, greatest fail.

Ron R

I bought this one a few weeks back and finally getting around to using it. Great razor so far!
Razor: Everready 1914 (aka- little lather catcher)
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (3)
Post shave: Proraso red + witch hazel
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum block indicated no irritation=:a17:
Ist shave with my ER 1914 razor (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Gem clog pruf peerless today, since a few here posted it got me thinking of the bad shave I had with my mmoc. The same gem PTFE blade I have been using for awhile lol. Mike's barbershop soap, Omega 10049 still as well. Very good happy shave. Did a down pass the atg , ears to chin. Barely noticed the alum block on my trouble area on my neck. No weepers. Will try the mmoc again soon and my new G bar . Head shaves I think will stay with my 1912 Er.

Top Bottom