What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Razor-Grip handle by Byron Shaving Co — stainless steel rod with medical-grade silicone covering; standard threading to work with a variety of safety razors (also model for cartridge razors).

I have used for about 8 mos on several different razors. Really a nice handle. Not light but very solid.
Thank you:001_rolle

Mon 19th August

Schick N3 & Schick Twin-Japan [ 1 ]

IMG_0626.jpg

19 Aug 19
Razor:
Razorock Hawk V2
Blade: KAI Captain Titan Mild (2)
Brush: 24mm RR Silvertip Badger brush
Pre-Shave: Shower and Clearasil face wash
Lather: Arko stick – face lather
Aftershave: Clubman Lustray Blue Spice / Nivea cooling balm
Additional Care: Jack Shave spritz
IMG_20190818_221231.jpg

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday, which was my Schick G1, with a twice used Chinese Schick blade, and a really light touch. (A tad irritated from Saturday's shave with my New OC with a new Feather).

Today, I went 100% comfy with the shave, and reached for the OneBlade Hybrid, with a GEM (2nd).

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
It's a GEMonday this morning, the geese are already flying around and leafs are already starting to turn colors and hard to believe it's still August usually a lot warmer month up north. Still testing my GEM junior 1912 Parade & really enjoying the shaves.
Razor : Gem junior Parade 1912 mfg in 1938
Blade : GEM Personna SS PTFE (10) hit 10 shaves & tossed
Soap : Razorock Lavender:001_wub:
Brush : Razorock Plissoft
Pre shave: wet the face & apply some Aloe Vera gel
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave : Razorock blue barber + witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum block indicates no irritation = :001_rolle
gemonday-aug-19-2019-2-jpg.1009397

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

Gem JR Parade Mfg 1938 (2).jpg
GEM Junior Parade :a17:GEM Personna SS PTFE (1)
Results : CCS,DFS,BbS + Alum block indicated some irritation on one side of neck, New blade =:wink2:

Getting up at 5:00 on Tuesday, and shaving post shower by 5:30, I reached for my OneBlade Hybrid, for a smooth, close, and nick-free shave, that doesn't require any concentration. Blade was a modified GEM on it's 3rd shave.

Ron R

741715-b379daca1aa30f963866d92bde8f0cdb.jpg

GEM Junior Parade 1912 mfg 1938 :a17: GEM Personna SS PTFE (2)
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum block indicating not much at all= :001_smile

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
August 21
First shave with a not-often-seen Norvell-Shapleigh Hardware's safety razor. While I don't have the original blade for this razor, it definitely takes a modified GEM (de-spined and slightly shortened). I got a very nice shave (CCS-DFS-BBS) after 2 passes and a light-cleanup of the neck/jawline. It reminded me of my Burham, which makes sense given the similarity in designs. After a few more shaves I'll start up a thread dedicated to this razor....they are out there, but given that Shapleigh Hardware also sold straight razors, you tend to find more on the straights and not much on the safety.

Here are the shave details: NSH Razor with modified GEM SS PTFE (7) | JR #270 lathering Men's Soap Co. Bay Rum | Finished with Krampert's Finest Acadian Spice Bay Rum after shave ----- 2 pics so you can see the razor a bit better.
IMG_2055.jpg IMG_2054.jpg

Top Bottom