What's new

Razorock Switch and Lupo are live

Received my lupo and silver today. Something doesn't seem right. On the website, the picture clearly shows two scalloped edges. Mine has one scalloped, one cut flat and short, right to the blades end. I'm a little scared to try this thing... That can't be safe. Keep in mind, I tend toward very mild razors.

Is everyone else's like this? I don't think it's supposed to be.
No, mine is scalloped on both sides.

No, mine is scalloped on both sides.
Yeah, looking on the website I can absolutely confirm that it's supposed to be scalloped and both.

Trying to use Google dictate on my phone, it keeps hearing 'scalped' for ’scalloped'. How appropriate. If I actually try to use that side, I would certainly be scalped. Lol... Eek. [emoji51]

Very interesting thread! Can someone post pics of the plate and cap disassembled? I've seen pics of the Wolfman and can't figure out how it holds the blade.
I think I prefer light razors. I have a ATT Alum SE1 and prefer it over the SS AC shavers that I have. I don't have a alum DE yet.

I would stick a blade in it and shave with the one good side.
I'm waiting to hear from Joe first. I'm not going to shave with it if I have to send it back.

I shave every other day, so tomorrow is actually my next shave.

Dont get me wrong, I definitely thought about it. Lol.

Very interesting thread! Can someone post pics of the plate and cap disassembled? I've seen pics of the Wolfman and can't figure out how it holds the blade.
I think I prefer light razors. I have a ATT Alum SE1 and prefer it over the SS AC shavers that I have. I don't have a alum DE yet.
Is this what you are looking for?
proxy.php
proxy.php

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I got mine today. I noticed a small stain on the top cap. First impression... Whoa its light weight and almost dainty.

Graydog has got something. It’s a factory mistake and one of a kind like a misprinted stamp or baseball card. You could sell it on eBay as an original prototype DC for a small fortune :a14:

Graydog has got something. It’s a factory mistake and one of a kind like a misprinted stamp or baseball card. You could sell it on eBay as an original prototype DC for a small fortune :a14:
Lol. He actually responded that it was a prototype without the scalloped end for him to try out. Only thing is, if you look at the picture, they removed a lot more than just the scallop. I think one of his workers is disgruntled, lol. IMO, that thing was meant to hurt him (or me!).

He's going to send me a new baseplate and a return envelope for the one I received. So, it'll probably be another week until I can opine on how good the razor is. It better be done good but the build up like this, lol. [emoji846]
proxy.php
proxy.php

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Lol. He actually responded that it was a prototype without the scalloped end for him to try out. Only thing is, if you look at the picture, they removed a lot more than just the scallop. I think one of his workers is disgruntled, lol. IMO, that thing was meant to hurt him (or me!).

He's going to send me a new baseplate and a return envelope for the one I received. So, it'll probably be another week until I can opine on how good the razor is. It better be done good but the build up like this, lol. [emoji846]
proxy.php
proxy.php
You should ask Joe if you can try it in

R

romsitsa

The owner authenticated it as a proto, so I’d keep it...
It looks to be a nice blade forward design.

Adam

I tried my Lupo this morning with a GSB and Cade soap. Pretty mild shave, but I could feel the blade more than I normally do in my Tech. Good audible feedback and the light weight wasn't an issue for me. Three passes for a DFS/DFS+, one small nick that was my fault and which closed almost immediately with cold water. I need a few more shaves to get used to it, but so far, so good.

The owner authenticated it as a proto, so I’d keep it...
It looks to be a nice blade forward design.

Adam
Nah, not for me. I usually use a Rockwell 6s on 2. That 'blade forward' (it's more of a bar negative, lol) would be too agressive for my tastes. Would probably feel like my old Toro... That thing had bite!
I tried my Lupo this morning with a GSB and Cade soap. Pretty mild shave, but I could feel the blade more than I normally do in my Tech. Good audible feedback and the light weight wasn't an issue for me. Three passes for a DFS/DFS+, one small nick that was my fault and which closed almost immediately with cold water. I need a few more shaves to get used to it, but so far, so good.
Awesome. The more of these reviews I see, the more excited I get to use this razor. Thanks DougK! [emoji846]

You should ask Joe if you can try it in
I am waiting to see if he offers first, as I did respond asking about wait times and eluded to being antsy to try the razor.

If he doesn't come back on his own with the suggestion, I'll definitely come back with a flat out request. At least then my wait for the product won't be an actual wait to try it.

Definitely a good idea Graydog. [emoji846]

Top Bottom