What's new

Razorock Switch and Lupo are live

>>>Can anyone compare the Lupo with the Standard Razor?

I have both (older style Standard Razor with removable screw in the head) and prefer the Lupo. Standard Razor has a more typical head shape similar to an Edwin Jagger but in aluminum. There is a new Standard Razor design but I never tried it. The Lupo feels more modern and is less likely to cut. The Lupo has been my daily shaver all week and I love it.

0B9B6F8F-89B4-4449-AC8A-4D884C5B8984.jpeg
>>>Any recommendations on an inexpensive SS handle I could pair it with?

RR handles are all pretty good options. If you don’t mind placing two orders I would recommend the Maggard MR11 which I think is a great pairing.

Used the Lupo today, silver edition, with a Nacet. 3 pass face shave. It is a bit light for my taste, but OK for the face...had slight irritation.... (GC OC on the head was perfect).

>>>Can anyone compare the Lupo with the Standard Razor?

I have both (older style Standard Razor with removable screw in the head) and prefer the Lupo. Standard Razor has a more typical head shape similar to an Edwin Jagger but in aluminum. There is a new Standard Razor design but I never tried it. The Lupo feels more modern and is less likely to cut. The Lupo has been my daily shaver all week and I love it.
I had the Standard and now have this one. I got rid of the standard because the blade would always have alignment issues and since it has no overhang....it was just a matter of getting lucky.....shaves were OK'ish. Lupo is similar weight, blade aligns OK, and shave is similar....for a fraction of the cost.

First shave with the Lupo...I don't like this razor at all. It dragged more than any of my other razors and I it was not very efficient.

Yet I got a BBS shave with zero irritation. The end result was good...but the trip there was not very enjoyable. I hope I hope a better experience the next time I use it.

First shave with the Lupo...I don't like this razor at all. It dragged more than any of my other razors and I it was not very efficient.

Yet I got a BBS shave with zero irritation. The end result was good...but the trip there was not very enjoyable. I hope I hope a better experience the next time I use it.
Same thing happened with me and my experience. Ended up selling it for quite a loss but wouldn't use it anymore.

I bought myself a second one as a backup. It's an excellent razor.

Switch is kind of meh for me, but Lupo is up against my GC .84 as my number 1 daily shaver.

Hmmm well I already am a fan of the GC .84, it easily equals my Rex, 6s, and other favorites. Hearing the Lupo being compared to the mamba and .68 has me worried it will be too mild though.

Hmmm well I already am a fan of the GC .84, it easily equals my Rex, 6s, and other favorites. Hearing the Lupo being compared to the mamba and .68 has me worried it will be too mild though.

Not in my experience. I'm not a big fan of the Mamba, I find it too mild. The performance reminds me of the EJ clone that RR released, both of which are gathering dust in my den.

The .68 is good, but the .84 is great.

I find the Lupo to be a tad gentler on the skin while being efficient, I can't say (yet) that it's better for me than the .84 but it's up there.

I have a an OC .84 on the way, I'm curious to see how they compare in terms of performance and results.

I find the Lupo to be a tad gentler on the skin while being efficient, I can't say (yet) that it's better for me than the .84 but it's up there.
This echoes my experience with the Lupo my as well. I have a preference for aggressive razors; GC .84, the Rockwell 5/6, Karve C/D/E, Timeless.95 Sb. The Lupo has been excellent for me so far.

Top Bottom