What's new

Shoot the Moon

thanks fellas! I looked like a lunatic (pun intended) with my tripod out in the middle of the road outside my house. I had intended to go somewhere with a better view, but the weather made me just stay home. Anyway, i looked outside and saw a gap in the clouds and managed to run out with a few minutes to spare.

Great shots all. Here is mine of a Super moon a couple years back (19 March 2011). we went to the local cemetery to shoot this as it has the least light pollution.

Pentax K-7, Sigma 50-500mm lens at 500mm, f8, 1/60 second exposure, ISO 100

proxy.php

Thank you, Here is a different more recent shot of the moon that was taken 06 July 2014 handheld before dark.

Pentax K-3, Sigma 50-500mm lens @ 500mm, ISO 1000, f11, 1/1250second

proxy.php

Super sharp! Great detail. I am going to have to keep informed of when various moon events occur. That's a great image.

Thank you for the compliments.

Here is one my wife called me out of the house to see as the moon was rising in the east over a bank of clouds that resembled a sandstorm:

proxy.php

Thank you for the compliments.

Here is one my wife called me out of the house to see as the moon was rising in the east over a bank of clouds that resembled a sandstorm:

proxy.php

Excellent!

I'm looking for opportunities to include other visual elements in the next one as well. Well done.

i find when capturing the moon, you should either 1. catch it during an unusual time, like during the day, 2. capture it with an interesting frame, if you are not using serious lens length, of go for the close up, and if you do, try to go big.
DSC_0009.jpg

This was two days ago as I stepped onto my porch to go to work at 4:30 in the morning. I scrambled back in the house to grab my camera. Framing so as to keep the planet Venus in the upper left of the frame. A touch over exposed attempting to keep some detail of the trees viewable. Our eye can resolve a far greater range of brightness than a digital sensor can!

EOS 60D, 35-350 f3.5-5.6L @200mm, 1/6th - f8

proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This was two days ago as I stepped onto my porch to go to work at 4:30 in the morning. I scrambled back in the house to grab my camera. Framing so as to keep the planet Venus in the upper left of the frame. A touch over exposed attempting to keep some detail of the trees viewable. Our eye can resolve a far greater range of brightness than a digital sensor can!

EOS 60D, 35-350 f3.5-5.6L @200mm, 1/6th - f8

proxy.php
Nicely done!

Top Bottom