What's new

Shoot the Moon

I'm really finding the partial moon phase to look more interesting and show more detail, especially near the shadowy edge, Here's one from this morning. 1/100 sec. f/8 ISO 100
DSCF4508 (3).JPG

I'm really finding the partial moon phase to look more interesting and show more detail, especially near the shadowy edge, Here's one from this morning. 1/100 sec. f/8 ISO 100
View attachment 842863
The shadowy edge is the terminator! A few years back, I completed a Lunar 100 observing project. Learned loads of great things, and learned what you mentioned about detail being better when the Moon isn't near the full phase.

Wonderful shot, thanks for posting it!

Sent from my SM-T377R4 using Tapatalk

Well here's my first attempt at this from this evening!

View attachment 857089

And a few cropped shots.

View attachment 857085

View attachment 857086
View attachment 857087
Great work Warren!

Nice shots!

But seeing this thread bumped today, I was expecting some eclipse shots..... anyone?
I was hoping for the same thing. I grabbed my camera this morning, but it was too cloudy to even catch a glimpse. I wouldn't have seen totality before it set, but was still hoping to see something. Maybe next time.

Nice shots!

But seeing this thread bumped today, I was expecting some eclipse shots..... anyone?

No-go in my east coast neck of the woods and it's basically just bad timing on my part. Just had a snow storm and still cleaning up...typical January here. The west coast is supposed to have the best view of the event.

ok now i'm gonna have to break out the scope... I just got an app that will let me see the focus from my live view on my tablet..now all i need is a clear sky

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks guys. That is the weather vane on the bank a block from my house. A couple weeks ago I was walking past it and thought I should make that work for a moon shot. Glad it was pointed the right direction and the yard in front of the school was where I needed to put myself. Had to do a really hard crop but I'm happy with what I got.
That is really a wonderful shot. Took some real planning on your part!

Top Bottom