What's new

2017 release announcements

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
How long did it take to sell out?

About eight minutes this time. The last one was under five. Most were gone in about three or four minutes. I think what happens towards the end is people have a hard time figuring out what's left because of lag in the system.

This leads to a question I'd like to throw out for discussion. We'll see who is paying attention.

We're talking about maybe doing an unannounced release every now and then, say once a month, and instead of putting them all up at once, dribble them in. I think that would drive me crazy on the buy-side. A few have complained about not having time to sit on their computers during a scheduled release. But the alternate approach would have me feeling like I needed to watch all the time, and then I might feel a little cheated if I just missed one by stepping away to go pour a cup of coffee. The way we do it now also has the merit of being more efficient for us. We can more-or-less batch-process fulfillment and make just one trip to the Post Office. But we'd like offer customers who don't fare well with the releases to have a different shot at getting a brush.

We've also talked about putting a few brushes up on eBay from time to time. That might serve to demotivate scalpers.

Thoughts?

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Ken, I like the way you do it now. It gives us a chance to see if there's a brush we want, and plan our time accordingly. I kind of like the Feeding Frenzy every release.

And just a thought. Maybe do a kind of PIF where one winner gets to purchase the brush of his/her choice, after they are posted for review but before the are released for sale.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Ken, I like the way you do it now. It gives us a chance to see if there's a brush we want, and plan our time accordingly. I kind of like the Feeding Frenzy every release.

And just a thought. Maybe do a kind of PIF where one winner gets to purchase the brush of his/her choice, after they are posted for review but before the are released for sale.

We get some pretty harsh blow-back sometimes.

Really didn't foresee the way it has shaped up so far.

I've participated in two of the releases, including this most recent. I like having a scheduled release, but I may be at an advantage being in the same time zone. I have also been lucky enough to get the brush I spotted (the day the preview posted) both times. I'm a big fan of your brushes (and shave soap for that matter). Thank you for participating in the dialogue.

About eight minutes this time. The last one was under five. Most were gone in about three or four minutes. I think what happens towards the end is people have a hard time figuring out what's left because of lag in the system.

This leads to a question I'd like to throw out for discussion. We'll see who is paying attention.

We're talking about maybe doing an unannounced release every now and then, say once a month, and instead of putting them all up at once, dribble them in. I think that would drive me crazy on the buy-side. A few have complained about not having time to sit on their computers during a scheduled release. But the alternate approach would have me feeling like I needed to watch all the time, and then I might feel a little cheated if I just missed one by stepping away to go pour a cup of coffee. The way we do it now also has the merit of being more efficient for us. We can more-or-less batch-process fulfillment and make just one trip to the Post Office. But we'd like offer customers who don't fare well with the releases to have a different shot at getting a brush.

We've also talked about putting a few brushes up on eBay from time to time. That might serve to demotivate scalpers.

Thoughts?
It is your business and you may do whatever you wish but I like looking at all the brushes so that I can get one that I really like.

No matter what you do, someone will be upset. With demand so much higher than supply, I say do what's easiest for you, Ken. When the frenzy dies down, maybe then look at making changes.

No matter what you do, someone will be upset. With demand so much higher than supply, I say do what's easiest for you, Ken. When the frenzy dies down, maybe then look at making changes.

This is how I feel too.

Turning it into a scavenger hunt might be doubly frustrating for those already having struggles getting one. Not that I understand it or have done it before, but I know there's a way to have a program watch a website for any change or update and send an alert. If people are going through the trouble of buying and mailing brushes to different places to flip them on eBay they'd probably swoop in and snag every random brush listed on your site unannounced or on eBay.

For what it's worth, the way you're doing it now seems as close to even chances for everyone that I could think of.

I agree. This is fair for all. Doing unannounced releases makes it the luck of the draw, whether someone just happens to be on your website coinciding with a release time.

Elusiveness is timelessly provocative.

Ode On A Grecian Urn - by John Keats

Thou still unravish'd bride of quietness,
Thou foster-child of silence and slow time,
Sylvan historian, who canst thus express
A flowery tale more sweetly than our rhyme:
What leaf-fring'd legend haunts about thy shape
Of deities or mortals, or of both,
In Tempe or the dales of Arcady?
What men or gods are these? What maidens loth?
What mad pursuit? What struggle to escape?
What pipes and timbrels? What wild ecstasy?

Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard
Are sweeter; therefore, ye soft pipes, play on;
Not to the sensual ear, but, more endear'd,
Pipe to the spirit ditties of no tone:
Fair youth, beneath the trees, thou canst not leave
Thy song, nor ever can those trees be bare;
Bold Lover, never, never canst thou kiss,
Though winning near the goal yet, do not grieve;
She cannot fade, though thou hast not thy bliss,
For ever wilt thou love, and she be fair!

Ah, happy, happy boughs! that cannot shed
Your leaves, nor ever bid the Spring adieu;
And, happy melodist, unwearied,
For ever piping songs for ever new;
More happy love! more happy, happy love!
For ever warm and still to be enjoy'd,
For ever panting, and for ever young;
All breathing human passion far above,
That leaves a heart high-sorrowful and cloy'd,
A burning forehead, and a parching tongue.

Who are these coming to the sacrifice?
To what green altar, O mysterious priest,
Lead'st thou that heifer lowing at the skies,
And all her silken flanks with garlands drest?
What little town by river or sea shore,
Or mountain-built with peaceful citadel,
Is emptied of this folk, this pious morn?
And, little town, thy streets for evermore
Will silent be; and not a soul to tell
Why thou art desolate, can e'er return.

O Attic shape! Fair attitude! with brede
Of marble men and maidens overwrought,
With forest branches and the trodden weed;
Thou, silent form, dost tease us out of thought
As doth eternity: Cold Pastoral!
When old age shall this generation waste,
Thou shalt remain, in midst of other woe
Than ours, a friend to man, to whom thou say'st,
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,--that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."

My recommendation, Ken, is quite simple. Put in 20 hour days for a month and have one massive release! :001_rolle Seriously, it's your business and do whatever is easiest for you. Eventually, the time to buy these brushes will increase and make it easier to get one.

Uncertainty breeds anxiety. I think that if people know that there are fairly regular releases that it diminishes the frenzy. If I know there'll be another batch released in a few weeks, I know I'll have another shot soon. To me that's much better than wondering if there'll be a brush released tomorrow or not.

I'm quite happy with my Paladin and use it daily. I patiently wait for the day that the "hubbub" settles a bit and I can order a second. For now, I feel doing so would deprive those currently without from an outstanding instrument.

Have you considered raising your prices? That's the best way to match demand with supply. Clearly you have a superior product. You deserve to be compensated in line with the value of your brushes to the shavers here.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I agree. Disappointment is inevitable for now.

I'm among those who like the scheduled releases (I see another just posted for Thursday). Maybe as some suggest making one brush available through an alternative method would soothe some of the hurt feelings, but not likely, as people inclined to feel aggrieved tend towards remaining so... I'd rather not participate in an EBay auction when I want a new Paladin, and since I'm not a Twit that method fails for me as well.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Now you're talking, Ken. El Dorado 26mm Butterscotch AND Somerset.
And you have the handle shape names listed. Thank you. Now to see if I can squeeze enough from my vacation to England fund to afford one of them...or both.

Top Bottom