What's new

Proraso dethroned! The new king of creams is Nivea! Wow, this stuff is slick!

I liked the performance as well, but not the scent. The only real detractor is the ingredient Dimethicone, a silicone, which is likely why it's so slick. Some say it waterproofs your brush. I don't really know, but with that information I stopped using it with my expensive brush. I'm sure all of this is up for debate.

I liked the performance as well, but not the scent. The only real detractor is the ingredient Dimethicone, a silicone, which is likely why it's so slick. Some say it waterproofs your brush. I don't really know, but with that information I stopped using it with my expensive brush. I'm sure all of this is up for debate.

Wouldn't shaving soap wash it all away the next time it comes up in rotation?

Wouldn't shaving soap wash it all away the next time it comes up in rotation?

Good point. But lets say it is coated, then the water can't get through because it's waterproofed. I have no idea really what could happen. Someone did suggest using dish soap in another post to clean it out. Since I don't really like the scent, I find that too much trouble to worry about. I was just letting people know what I heard. It's probably fine really. Question though, why isn't any other company using it? I also saw that Dimethicone tends to clog pores, so it isn't considered a great product for the face, even though your face feels soft.

Last edited:
Have it...don't like it. Use it as a preshave face cleanser in the shower to get through it. Won't be buying once its gone

just tried this today for shaving, was quite possibly one of my best shaves yet so far, my only problem is that it gives me a slight burning sensation afterwards.

Haven't seen it here on the shelves of Aus supermarkets, but still had to try it. Bought a tube from a UK eBay seller and just hope it's worth the 10 bucks.

My first brush cream. It's okay. I'm over the Nivea Sensitive scent to be honest. Give me Proraso White over it any day. It was nice that I could buy it in store locally though.

Was on business in Rochester, NY a while back and saw a tube at Wegman's. Picked it up because of this thread. Personally I think it is on equal playing ground of Prorasso. But I love the scent of the blue prorasso. Nivea Sensitive will be in my rotation and I will most likely use a lot in the winter. Now if I can only find it in Utah.

Performance-wise, how does it compare to the Sensitive Gel? I finished off a can of the gel about 6 months ago, and really liked it for quicky shaves.

They have the Sensitive Cream locally at Wegmans. It was introduced about 6 months ago at $2.99, now its gone up to $3.19. I look at it every time I'm at the supermarket, but haven't purchased it yet, because I'm trying to keep my SCAD in check.

Performance-wise, how does it compare to the Sensitive Gel? I finished off a can of the gel about 6 months ago, and really liked it for quicky shaves.

They have the Sensitive Cream locally at Wegmans. It was introduced about 6 months ago at $2.99, now its gone up to $3.19. I look at it every time I'm at the supermarket, but haven't purchased it yet, because I'm trying to keep my SCAD in check.

I can't answer your question about the canned nivea sensitive. However this cream is a top performer and at the current price point it is worth the purchase. Also when creating a lather from a cream I see it as a very quick process

I don't think silicone 'waterproofs' the brush, and I'm not sure if it did, if that were so bad (after all, synthetic brushes are superb latherers). However, the silicone is just a cheap trick to add slickness and keep the cost down and it is neither necessary in a good cream, nor particularly good for the environment (very hard to filter out in water treatment).

I have a liquid body soap that smells very similar. It lists its scents as "honey, apple, avocado".
It sure doesn't smell like TOBS avocado cream.

Pairs very well with the Nivea Sensitive AS.

I also have the Nivea Sensitive cream. It seems to be widely available here in Southern Ontario. I definitely prefer Proraso Blue for cushion, slickness, and scent. But there is nothing wrong with the Nivea, it just isn't my favorite.

Top Bottom