What's new

NFL: I Need a New Team

Considering your id, are you a fan of the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL?
Perhaps you'd like to root for the Lions? They've had over 50 straight rebuilding seasons! At least we are not the Cubs! [emoji1]

Minnesota Vikings, Because 2 of the hottest chicks I have ever seen were from Minnesota.

$mary-tyler-moore-2-300.jpg

Ok, guess that you can pick anyone, any NFL team to be a fan of (Go Raiders) .. but that's not my style, nor old style. A true fan needs to be born & bred in the area that the team represents, or otherwise is a butt-erfly. "Next year I'm picking the Patriots", wait, the Squeelers, wait the Browns ..

View attachment 480272
Yeah well, I guess I'm not looking to be a "true fan" then. More like a "I live in the real world and don't live and die according to the performance of a bunch of millionaires who's loyalty to the team is as deep as the next contract." kind of fan.

I can't do Seattle, too much ill feelings over the Thunder/sonics thing, plus I'd look like a bandwagoner.
I've considered the Rams because of Bradford and the Vikings because of Peterson, but beyond those players I'm not real excited about the teams.
Cant go with the Steelers for similar reasons for dumping the Jets.
I've always liked Da Bears, the "SuperBowl Shuffle" was one of my favorite songs for a brief time as a kid.
Maybe I'll just take a season off and not root for anyone, I have a hard time imagining wearing another teams logo. Although my collection only contains one Jets t-shirt and one logo mug, I'd feel weird wearing a Chiefs hat. Who knows, maybe the Jets will correct the problem by the end of preseason, but I doubt it.

You cant give up on the Jets. They've been your team for 40 years...maybe its their year(probably not but I can see them getting better).

Is this a Michael Vick thing?

You cant give up on the Jets. They've been your team for 40 years...maybe its their year(probably not but I can see them getting better).

Is this a Michael Vick thing?
It is indeed, but I don't want that to open a debate on the subject.

Come to the Eagles. We dumped Vick, got Sanchez :)

Oh man, there's no way I could go back to the Sanchez nightmare! I did have a Ron Jaworski football back in the day though.
I've always been a bit of a closet Chargers fan, I suppose I could try them out full time. My wife and daughter are in San Diego right now, I bet they could get me a hat. My wifes a devoted Bronco fan, she'd probably get me a pink one with a flat bill.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Oh man, there's no way I could go back to the Sanchez nightmare! I did have a Ron Jaworski football back in the day though.
I've always been a bit of a closet Chargers fan, I suppose I could try them out full time. My wife and daughter are in San Diego right now, I bet they could get me a hat. My wifes a devoted Bronco fan, she'd probably get me a pink one with a flat bill.

Whadda ya think about the Sooners new alternating uniform changes? I think they should just stay with the classic look.

There's always the Giants. It's still the Meadowlands (or whatever they call it now), you'll still get to complain how your team sucks every year (even if they win the Super Bowl. It's similar DNA), you'll still be able to compain about the head coach, and you'll still get to read the New York Post online and see columnists rip the team a new one after every game. Plus, it will annoy any family members who still cheer for the Jets.

There's always the Giants. It's still the Meadowlands (or whatever they call it now), you'll still get to complain how your team sucks every year (even if they win the Super Bowl. It's similar DNA), you'll still be able to compain about the head coach, and you'll still get to read the New York Post online and see columnists rip the team a new one after every game. Plus, it will annoy any family members who still cheer for the Jets.

+1! The Jints look to be better this year (how could they be worse?).

I vote for the Tampa Bay Bucs. Because they need some fans and shoot a canon on the rare times they score.

Come to the Eagles. We dumped Vick, got Sanchez :)

Yes!!! Come to the Eagles!! Our division is terrible so we will make the playoffs every year by default!!! And we have one of, if not, the best all around running backs in the game. We have talented young exciting receivers....and a bunch of big guys who do the other stuff ;)

Whadda ya think about the Sooners new alternating uniform changes? I think they should just stay with the classic look.
I think they need to worry more about keeping their recruits from beating on women than trying to be fashionable. The day Alabama says they have to "mix it up" with the uniforms to keep popular with the kids, that's when I'll agree that maybe the Sooners need to consider a few changes.

It is rumored Bon Jovi is purchasing the Buffalo Bills and moving them to Toronto. Now you have a Jersey/Canadian connection.

As a Jets fan, I think you should pick the Patriots. Your fantastic "luck" hasn't done us any good, so how about bringing it over to NE for a while?? :)

Top Bottom