What's new

NFL: I Need a New Team

Watched the 4th quarter of tonight's game, the only one I've seen this year if you don't count the espn highlights. The Jets are the NFLs spastic colon this year, sometimes it's not bad, sometimes it really flares up, but in the end the outcome is always the same.

^lol

Just as an aside, Vereen racked me up 26.4 pts last night in my league. A fine start to the week!

Last edited:
I'm confused..your profile name is "Argonaut", and you have the Patron Saint John Candy as your profile picture...based on all that info, I would've pegged you as a CFL fan of the Ti-Cats.
You could always throw your morals out the window and jump on the Redskins' bandwagon...all the smart, intelligent people hate our name, and, well, there's lots of good seats always available on our bandwagon.

I'm confused..your profile name is "Argonaut", and you have the Patron Saint John Candy as your profile picture...based on all that info, I would've pegged you as a CFL fan of the Ti-Cats.
You could always throw your morals out the window and jump on the Redskins' bandwagon...all the smart, intelligent people hate our name, and, well, there's lots of good seats always available on our bandwagon.
The name and avatar are actually just a coincidence. The name is from "Jason and the Argonauts" as my name is Jason. The avatar is because I've always been a fan of John Candy. It confuses the Canadians, which makes it even more fun for me:tongue_sm
No chance of becoming a 'skins fan, I get enough incompetent team management and coaching with the Jets. I've just decided to take the year off, and it looks like I picked a good one to do so.

Well, I got my most of my wishes, coach and GM gone, now they just need a QB and some players. At least they should get a decent draft pick.

it's been a couple of months since you opened the thread, but all the posts really tell the story. If there's one thing in life you can't do, you can't pick a new team. It just doesn't work. If your marriage doesn't work out, you can get divorced and try again. If your job doesn't work out, you can quit and look for another. But teams are for life. The only choices you really have are to quit following sports altogether or to just grit your teeth and endure it. I'm glad that I was born in the Steeler Nation because it makes it easier to weather the bumps. Maybe the changes in the staff and the front office will make a difference for the Jets. Or maybe Broadway Joe (a Western PA boy anyway) will come out of retirement. I feel for you!

it's been a couple of months since you opened the thread, but all the posts really tell the story. If there's one thing in life you can't do, you can't pick a new team. It just doesn't work. If your marriage doesn't work out, you can get divorced and try again. If your job doesn't work out, you can quit and look for another. But teams are for life. The only choices you really have are to quit following sports altogether or to just grit your teeth and endure it. I'm glad that I was born in the Steeler Nation because it makes it easier to weather the bumps. Maybe the changes in the staff and the front office will make a difference for the Jets. Or maybe Broadway Joe (a Western PA boy anyway) will come out of retirement. I feel for you!
Totally agree. My Dad is a Giants fan and when I was 10 in the 80s, I decided to rebel and be a Jets fan. (Note he would not let me stray in baseball, we are both Mets fans :)crying:)).
Well, I made this bad decision and have suffered a ton for it. But there is no turning back, they are my team, and I love 'em!

Last edited:
Top Bottom