What's new

NFL: I Need a New Team

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well for Pete's sake don't try to jump on the bandwagon of my beloved Browns, we are headed for a .500 season and I will not tolerate bandwagoners!

I'm just kidding, jump in if you want your misery to come with cute nicknames like "the drive" and "the fumble" and "the Weeden got TRAPPED under the flag".

I laugh because I lived in Cleveland from the age of 13-24 (1984 to 1992). As a lifelong Steelers fan, I want to see the Browns become our rival again. I LOOOATHE the Ravens. Loathe may be too gentle of a word.

on edit: I hate it when commentators drone on and on about how great Packer fans are. They may have loyal fans, but from my experience the Browns fans top them.

Last edited:
I don't know if the Chiefs will help your misery. I'm a lifelong Chiefs fan, 43 years old, and they haven't been to a Super Bowl in my lifetime. We thought we had the right lineup many times, Derrick Thomas leading the D in the 90s was the best chance we've had, but then again that was when DeBerg was quarterback. Then Montana after his football career should have ended and his broadcast career began.

Maybe be this year is the year, but then again, I've said that every year I've been able to talk.

Oh well, there is always NFL Films replays of Super Bowl IV.

Go black and gold!!! Join the die hard Saints faithful. It's always a party in NOLA no matter the outcome! Here lately it's more W's than L's so that's and added bonus. Best food in the country! Fun loving folks! And we hate the cowgirls just because.

What say you?

I say Black and Gold to the Super Bowl! :thumbup:

Sigh, I just can't make myself root for another NFL team, though I'm still thoroughly disgusted with the Jets. I may just take the season off, college football has plenty going on and the Sooners are back in the championship mix, for now anyway. I appreciate everyone's help, but it's impossible to get 40+ years of devotion out of your system. It's like seeing your sister date a lowlife piece of crap, you think she's an idiot, can't stand to be around her and the jerk, but in the end it's still your sister. Hey, I can always root for Vick to have a career ending injury right?

While I'd never wish harm on an athlete, the last time Michael Vick played a 16 game season was...ummm...err....hmmmmm.

You'll be fine there.

Last edited:
"Jason, Hey! It's me..Joe Willie..."

$joe-namath.jpg

I moved to fl and still rooting for the patriots. They stand a good chance to make super bowl. Jump on their wagon. :).

I again heartily recommend the Giants. If last night is any indication, you'll be able to stop watching most games after the first quarter and then go golfing or something.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I know it's not up to me, but just don't choose the Seahawks. As a Niners fan, I can't stand that team. :mad3:
Their uniforms are an ugly shade of green. They whined after Super Bowl XL that the concession stands weren't selling green towels to wave (d'uh, one team is know for towel waving fans- the Steelers), and they stole the term 12th Man. After the Ravens, the Seagulls are next on my hated franchises.

Their uniforms are an ugly shade of green. They whined after Super Bowl XL that the concession stands weren't selling green towels to wave (d'uh, one team is know for towel waving fans- the Steelers), and they stole the term 12th Man. After the Ravens, the Seagulls are next on my hated franchises.

The Ravens are 2nd on my list because of the Niners loss in the SB.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The Ravens are 2nd on my list because of the Niners loss in the SB.

I have hated the Ravens since Modell moved his team from Cleveland to Baltimore. I am a lifelong Steelers fan, but spent my teen years in Cleveland. They were some loyal fans. I hope that, one day, the current Browns team gets their act together. I want them back as our rival. I absolutely LOATHE the Ravens.

My Jets affiliation comes from my mother and her family being from New Jersey. I was given Jets gifts as a small child(everyone was still riding the Namath high), so it was ingrained at an early stage. However, I was born and raised in Oklahoma, so geographically I'm independent on the NFL. You can forget the Cowboys, they have enough fans around here as it is, and I refuse to be a part of the mass delusion that Romo is an elite QB.

I think the only person delusional enough to think Romo is elite is Jerry.

I grew up in the Houston area and started out as an Oilers fan and when they moved I stayed a Titans fan. A lot of ups and downs and one very close season, but I'll never switch teams.

I think you should stay with the Jets. True fans don't switch for anything.

I'm root for 3 teams The Eagles the Lions and anybody playing the Cowboys. I feel your pain with the Jets. I've been a die hard Lions fan forever. 0-16 season and I'm still here. I root for the Eagles because I grew up hear in Philly wathing the games on Sundays with my Dad.
Lions and Eagles are 2 of the best offenses in the league, both are fun to watch.

join the fun

GO LIONS

GO EAGLES

:a29:

Top Bottom