What's new

what is your "holy grail" shave item?

what is the one item you have, or would like to have,, above and beyond anything else?
a vintage razor? is it a brush?

for me i think it would be a big fat 7/8ths. filly with gold inlay and an ivory handle.

so what about you? what floats your boat? :boat:

For me, right now, either one of the new Feather DE razors, one of the new Cobra injectors, or both.

Custom Tim Zowada seven day set. Ivory scales. 7/8 half hollow with French points. But as that's the price of a decent used car...

My holy grail item was an Rooney Beehive size 2 in 2-band. I had Lee make me one in Blonde Badger. It felt good to receive my holy grail! I guess now I am looking for a Rooney Alibaba or another Rooney Finest.

I know where to find my holy grail. It's just not for sale.

It resides in an antiques store near where I live. In that antique store sits an unassuming blue and white striped mailing carton. Inside that carton resides a plastic box and in that box an E-1 Fatboy. Clean as a whistle. A $5 estate sale sticker plastered on it. It has the blade case, and blades. 100% original, 100% unused. And the lady that owns it, just refuses to sell. No matter the price.

Well... I'm sure if I were a millionaire I could pry it out of her fingers.

*sigh*

I probably can't even afford a reasonable price for it. It's easily a $260 razor, according to trade value.

It's not even about the razor anymore. I have one. It's about it never seeing use. It's about it never getting wet. She'll never take it out of the carton, let alone the case. It's like owning a Ferrari that no one has ever been allowed to sit in. A Monet you can not see. Well, maybe it isn't that to anyone but me. But to me, it's a crime in and of itself. :crying::cursing::crying:

A kamisori razor. But I don't just one to have it I want to be able to strop and hone it properly and that's going to be a while away as I am still on a DE razor. One day though it will happen and I'm enjoying every second of the ride in getting there

I think this is an ever changing list....right now there are several creams and a Feather Japanese Straight I'd like to try. However, these are items that I can easily acquire. If I were to name one pie in the sky item it would probably be a custom straight made from a Damascus steel that would serve strictly as a display item.

Top Bottom