What's new

Does anyone switch back and forth to cartridges?

Over the years I've tried pretty much all of the cartridge systems available in the UK, and didn't like any of them.
You have a valid point there; none of the really good carts are available in the shops anymore, unfortunately. The excellent Wilkinson Profiles, and the original Wilkinson Twins, were discontinued years ago.

Definitely an advantage for DE shavers there.

On another shave forum, there is a review of a twin blade DE razor. After 16 days of use, the reviewer concludes that the twin blade configuration works for him, and is an actual improvement over both a regular DE shave and a regular Trac II cartridge shave.

On another shave forum, there is a review of a twin blade DE razor. After 16 days of use, the reviewer concludes that the twin blade configuration works for him, and is an actual improvement over both a regular DE shave and a regular Trac II cartridge shave.

Are you talking about that Simbatec Razolution?

May the Force be with you...

Got a smooth shave out of it, but the feel of the shave is totally different now.
You almost feel those flimsy little blades cutting and pulling at the same time. The swivel head requires some pressure or it jumps over each hair. End result - smooth but two neck irritation spots.
I much prefer my "stubble surrender, sharp blade coming through" DEs and SEs.

After de shaving for a little bit now i was forced to use a cartridge this morning. I had to make an emergency trip out of town and no time to pack my good stuff. Oh the agony! My face looks like it went through a cheese grater.

I have decided my next step while drinking my morning cup of ambition is to make me a travel kit that i can toss in a bag and go. Even the wife was all "Holy s***" at the results. I will never use a cartridge again!

But they do. That is why some people have reported good results with carts after learning proper technique with DE razors. Also the use of good soaps and creams helps a lot.

IMO, carts are idiot proof and not real shaving. Just like the use of training wheels isn't really bicycle riding.

Last edited:
IMO, carts are iddiot proof and not real shaving. Just the use of training wheels isn't really bicycle riding.

Really?? :lol: How about YMMV? Carts works perfectly for millions of men around the world. Just because for SOME people, like most of us I would say, they aren't good enough anymore, that doesn't mean they aren't "real shaving". Carts do work, their only fault in my opinion is their price. Btw... a cart, technically IS a safety razor too.

Been de shaving since last Oct. went on holiday in Jan and tried going back to cart... It felt alien, like a toy or something. Never again. Just doesn't feel right anymore. I'm well over carts

I wasn't aware that cartridges required any technique whatsoever.

IMO, carts are idiot proof and not real shaving. Just like the use of training wheels isn't really bicycle riding.

+1 on the toy comment.

Why would I want to?

Talk about stalking.
It's OK if you don't like carts, but why criticizing so much the people who might like them? I see no point in that. IMHO, carts work, period. It is all a matter of PERSONAL choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom