What's new

Does anyone switch back and forth to cartridges?

Anyone here comment on Trac II or Sensor vs Mach 3? Been using Mach 3 Turbo forever and I like it. Never tried the Trac II but it gets good press here.

I guess I don't agree with # 2. I've had periods where I used soap/brush/bowl/prep and cream/brush/bowl/prep for DE, but about 6 months ago I tried Somersets shaving oil and have never looked back. Five drops, hand applied, wait 15 seconds, shave. Not only do I get no razor burn, I don't even need after shave, as the oil becomes its own post-shave salve. I much prefer it to soaps or creams as far as both end-results and cutting my shaving time in half. Not saying this is for everybody, but it's all I use. Works great with Mach 3 too, although as you'd expect oil applied to three blades spaced closely together does require some rinsing afterward.
I love trac ii more than sensor and Mach 3, how ever all three work very well. Schick xtreme 3 and Quattro are a better for me imo.

I agree with 1 and 3, not 2. I use cold water with cremo with out a brush, hand lather, very wet and slick. I use a muhle r 41, carts and a straight razor with great results. Who decides what (proper) prep is?
Well if you consider forum members as a sample then a sizable majority believe that face prep can include some or all but not limited to, hot water face wash, face scrub, pre shave, good lather either face or bowl.

But again in the spirit of this wonderful forum. Whatever works well for you and you're happy with is great.

For eg i dont use face scrub every day (prob not recommended anyway) and i dont bowl lather, i prefer face lather. Also i dont always use a pre shave although i do most of the time. But i always use hot water face wash and a good brush lather.

Well if you consider forum members as a sample then a sizable majority believe that face prep can include some or all but not limited to, hot water face wash, face scrub, pre shave, good lather either face or bowl.

But again in the spirit of this wonderful forum. Whatever works well for you and you're happy with is great.

For eg i dont use face scrub every day (prob not recommended anyway) and i dont bowl lather, i prefer face lather. Also i dont always use a pre shave although i do most of the time. But i always use hot water face wash and a good brush lather.
Like you said if it works it’s good. My first shave was gillette twist to open with gillette super stainless blade and rise canned shave cream, that was really all there was, before carts came out. Then it was not a hobby like people get into today, I meant you don’t need the bells and whistles to get cut nick and weeper free shaves that are also very comfortable and close.

Anyone here comment on Trac II or Sensor vs Mach 3? Been using Mach 3 Turbo forever and I like it. Never tried the Trac II but it gets good press here.

I guess I don't agree with # 2. I've had periods where I used soap/brush/bowl/prep and cream/brush/bowl/prep for DE, but about 6 months ago I tried Somersets shaving oil and have never looked back. Five drops, hand applied, wait 15 seconds, shave. Not only do I get no razor burn, I don't even need after shave, as the oil becomes its own post-shave salve. I much prefer it to soaps or creams as far as both end-results and cutting my shaving time in half. Not saying this is for everybody, but it's all I use. Works great with Mach 3 too, although as you'd expect oil applied to three blades spaced closely together does require some rinsing afterward.
I own and use a TracII and a Sensor. I prefer the TracII. The sensor was the first of the "gimicky" razors. Dont get me wrong, it shave okay...but just okay. The TracII, IMHO, is a much better shaver. It sounds as tho this is another case of YMMV.

Started wet shaving 2 months ago and now I'm all in. Bought a Fendrihan mk2 ss started kit and have 2 razors in the mail, ( takes forever due to covid). Thinking trying carts again just because I bought 16 Schick Quattro carts right before switching and feel bad not using them. Kinda stuck with them. But never got as many nicks i had with carts with de.....

Started wet shaving 2 months ago and now I'm all in. Bought a Fendrihan mk2 ss started kit and have 2 razors in the mail, ( takes forever due to covid). Thinking trying carts again just because I bought 16 Schick Quattro carts right before switching and feel bad not using them. Kinda stuck with them. But never got as many nicks i had with carts with de.....
I think you will like going back and forth with shaving methods, schick Quattro is a top shelf cart IMO good luck, stick with it you will be happy

Top Bottom