What's new

The Cult of Streamline - Streamline & Jewel owners

I walked into a second hand goods store today, was casually browsing. I stumbled upon (what I thought was a streamline), asked the lady how much it was, she replied $10 (Australian).
So I snapped it up, got outside the shop with it to examine it closer.
Turns out I bought a mint condition Gem Jewel!
This baby shines so bright!

I'm going to shave with it today but it is exactly the same length/ weight/ size and has the same number if teeth as my streamline, so glad I found sucha bargain!

** please excuse any typos as I'm on my phone and shaking with excitement!
Did you shave yet?

Nice Stream Line video like Alex Said Above, But is it and Ever Ready Streamline or a Gem Jewel ? Look at brand that is written at underside of razors head and if it says Gem on it it's a Gem Jewel which is more rare then the Ever Ready Stramline.

Thanks again for the Video, Love hearing that Audio Feedback Sound the razor puts out :eek:)

mswofford

Rest in Peace
There is another video called "streamline & ultra lather shave" on Youtube in addition to the one Alex posted showing shaving w/the Ever Ready Streamline. Both videos are 14+ minutes long.

Last edited:
I have always been keen into trying a Streamline & thanks to a fellow B&Ber and a true gentleman I was able to trade up for a Streamline. Today, it arrived in Florida & let me tell you that this is a super, sexy master piece. It was so beautiful that I did not want to use it. However, I could not resist and I literally just had an incredible night face & dome shave with this beauty.

Enclosed are a few pics.. If anyone can tell me what year or time frame this Streamline was built. From my understanding, SLs were built in the 1930s-50s, correct me if I am wrong. I look forward to more shaves with the Streamline. $IMG_20140122_184929.jpg$IMG_20140122_184948.jpg
$IMG_20140122_185057.jpg$IMG_20140122_185116.jpg$IMG_20140122_185146.jpg
WARHAWK

The pics do not give this Streamline any type of justice. This razor is in minty condition like it was just made last week.:thumbup:

WARHAWK

Congrats Mel. I am proud to say I now have two Gem Jewels (both part of a trade) thanks to the generosity of the two members. The Gem Jewel/Streamline is one of my top favorites. Enjoy!

I have always been keen into trying a Streamline & thanks to a fellow B&Ber and a true gentleman I was able to trade up for a Streamline. Today, it arrived in Florida & let me tell you that this is a super, sexy master piece. It was so beautiful that I did not want to use it. However, I could not resist and I literally just had an incredible night face & dome shave with this beauty.

Enclosed are a few pics.. If anyone can tell me what year or time frame this Streamline was built. From my understanding, SLs were built in the 1930s-50s, correct me if I am wrong. I look forward to more shaves with the Streamline.View attachment 405735
WARHAWK

OH, so i guess i dont get props too for any heads up signals:001_tongu......

proxy.php

Not to be too picky, but that's an Ever-Ready Jewel. The ER Streamlines came in Bakelite cases. (They are all the exact same razor. Just called different names based on cases. Like several Gillettes have done...Bostonian, NEW Improved, etc.)

proxy.php
Thanks William, I should have said Jewel, I just was not sure it if was or not, but happier it is a Jewel :001_smile !!!!!!!!!

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Thanks William, I should have said Jewel, I just was not sure it if was or not, but happier it is a Jewel :001_smile !!!!!!!!!
Absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations, Mountainsea and Mel,(Warhawk) those metal cased ones don't seem to show up for sale very often. Both of you made a good score!

Last edited:
Nice Stream Line video like Alex Said Above, But is it and Ever Ready Streamline or a Gem Jewel ? Look at brand that is written at underside of razors head and if it says Gem on it it's a Gem Jewel which is more rare then the Ever Ready Stramline.

Thanks again for the Video, Love hearing that Audio Feedback Sound the razor puts out :eek:)
Your welcome buddy. You are the one that got me into Streamline shaving by giving me a free Streamline, i will always appreciate that for life. It is my holy grail.

Not to be too picky, but that's an Ever-Ready Jewel. The ER Streamlines came in Bakelite cases. (They are all the exact same razor. Just called different names based on cases. Like several Gillettes have done...Bostonian, NEW Improved, etc.)

proxy.php

Which one are you referring to? Mountainsea razor is not a Jewel, he has a Streamline

attachment.php

The one in the shipper says Jewel but i dont see the actual case and razor to properly identify it.

proxy.php

Top Bottom