What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

Classic French movie "The Wages of Fear" (1953) Men are hired to drive truck loads of nitroglycerin to an oilrig fire in South America.
At about the 2 hour mark one of the men shaves in the truck cab with a DE. When his partner asks him why he's shaving when they could be blown to bits at any moment, he tells him about his father who asked for a shower before being shot by the Germans during the war.

I love trucking movies, i got lucky and got the Blue ray edition, here it is Dutchman Bimba tell Luigi that his father was very clean and he is too, he wants to be clean even till his death.....In 2010, the Empire magazine ranked #9 "The 100 Best Films Of World Cinema."[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wages_of_Fear#cite_note-7[/SUP]View attachment 298729View attachment 298730View attachment 298731View attachment 298732

Last edited:
It's probably already been mentioned, I'll admit that I didn't read over all 101 pages that comprise this thread; however in the HBO series Deadwood there are several shaving scenes. The Gem Saloon (Al Swearingon's bar) prominently features a barbers chair, often occupied by the 'hooples' as background, but if I recall correctly a few scenes feature Al getting a shave, and in one scene in particular Bullock gets a shave (Al warns the barber to be particularly careful around the neck area).

I believe that there is also some 'proto-shaving' action in the series Rome; I know several scenes take place in bath-houses, and there is at least one scene of Mark Antony being cleaned with a strigil (sort of like an extremely dull straight scraped across the skin to remove oils and dirt). I'll have to dust off the series and watch it again.

A new commercial for Chase-Morgan Bank's new credit card features a man playing a guitar who walks through several different scenes ... one of these is a barbershop, he sings about using the card to pay for "A Shave and a Haircut" and there is a brief view of a barber holding a straight razor next to a client's face. The musical track is the theme song from "Footloose," the Kevin Bacon movie from 1984, with different lyrics.

Interestingly, the commercial is shot all in black-n-white, except for the guitar, which is baby-blue, the same color as the credit card.

Last edited:
A new commercial for Chase-Morgan Bank's new credit card features a man playing a guitar who walks through several different scenes ... one of these is a barbershop, he sings about using the card to pay for "A Shave and a Haircut" and there is a brief view of a barber holding a straight razor next to a client's face. The musical track is the theme song from "Footloose," the Kevin Bacon movie from 1984, with different lyrics.

Interestingly, the commercial is shot all in black-n-white, except for the guitar, which is baby-blue, the same color as the credit card.

Nice, it a razor scene and not a shave scene................now keep on looking for shave sceene treasures mate!!!

It's probably already been mentioned, I'll admit that I didn't read over all 101 pages that comprise this thread; however in the HBO series Deadwood there are several shaving scenes. The Gem Saloon (Al Swearingon's bar) prominently features a barbers chair, often occupied by the 'hooples' as background, but if I recall correctly a few scenes feature Al getting a shave, and in one scene in particular Bullock gets a shave (Al warns the barber to be particularly careful around the neck area).

I believe that there is also some 'proto-shaving' action in the series Rome; I know several scenes take place in bath-houses, and there is at least one scene of Mark Antony being cleaned with a strigil (sort of like an extremely dull straight scraped across the skin to remove oils and dirt). I'll have to dust off the series and watch it again.

can you be more precise on each scene?

In A Hard Days Night George teaches Victor Spinelli (an electric man) how to shave with a safety razor.

Keep on looking, its a fun rush when u find a shave scene.

• A (movies starting with A):biggrin1:
  • Abbott and Costello in Hollywood (1945) Abbott and Costello are barbers in Hollywood trying to become agents.
  • A Bronx Tale (1993) is a scene with a teen age kid using either a Fatboy or a Slim [ only the upper portion of the razor is visible].
  • A Christmas Carol (1938) Has scrooge lathering up with cold, but foamy water.
  • A Hard Day's Night (1964) has this excellent shaving scene, George Harrison shaves in bathroom, but shaves a mirror not himself,lol

OK, i have these 2 short lived Series, i will look for the shave scenes...it should be fun:thumbup:

The new BBC1 drama "Privates"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pyjxp
Drama series set in 1960 and following the stories of eight privates, part of the last intake of National Service, stationed at a basic training depot in North Yorkshire.

Privates season 01 episode 02

View attachment 298793

View attachment 298794

View attachment 298795

View attachment 298797
Added to WIKI updated...look here for fun shave scenes.http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Shaving_in_movies_and_television?redirect=no

Got something from 1924.. Buster Keaton in sherlock Jr

proxy.php

Top Bottom