What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

...( one of the best TV shows, won many Emmys, and 3 straight for best actor Bryan Cranston of Seinfeld dentist fame)

I remember him as Malcolm's dad, Hal, in Malcolm in the Middle (2000 - 2006). As I recall, there was a scene with him getting his back shaved in the opening credits.

I remember him as Malcolm's dad, Hal, in Malcolm in the Middle (2000 - 2006). As I recall, there was a scene with him getting his back shaved in the opening credits.

He went on to Super-stardom after Malcom, he now is a 3 time Emmy winner for Breaking Bad...i recommend this show.

I don't see Captains Courageous (1937-Spencer Tracy) in the wiki. About an hour and 10 minutes into it, Spencer Tracy opens a box with a straight razor in it but does not shave with it. The odd thing is, it appears to be a hair shaper and not a true straight razor. Is this a mistake, or could razors with guards like this have been used at sea?

I don't see Captains Courageous (1937-Spencer Tracy) in the wiki. About an hour and 10 minutes into it, Spencer Tracy opens a box with a straight razor in it but does not shave with it. The odd thing is, it appears to be a hair shaper and not a true straight razor. Is this a mistake, or could razors with guards like this have been used at sea?
Well, you cant really shave with a razor with a guard on it....maybe a prop mistake.

I hope this one hasn't been posted already, if so my apologies. Saw this movie over the weekend and thought about this post here on the forum. The Muppets movie from last year has a barbershop scene with a shaving part to it! Brush, lather, straight and everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EQyS4Pbmw8
Keep on looking ........

• MST3K: The Wild World of Batwoman (1966) Features a 6' DE.
  • Muppets take Manhattan (1984) It is the third of a series of live-action musical feature films starring Jim Henson's Muppets, Shave scene is 12 minutes in the film
  • Muppets movie 2011...Jack Black appears as himself in movie. The muppets tie him up and shave him with a straight razor.

Hey Alex, got one I've not seen listed, saw it on TMC the other night...

"Welcome Stranger" Bing Crosby and Barry Fitzgerald in very similar roles to "Going My Way" This time they are Doctors instead of Priests. Early in the movie, they meet on a train, and Barry Fitzgerald is trying to straight shave, while Bing is singing and shaving with an electric, Fitzgerald comes out of the encounter with a small cut.

View attachment 304589

Straight shaving on a moving train, not something I'd want to try.

Hey Alex, got one I've not seen listed, saw it on TMC the other night...

"Welcome Stranger" Bing Crosby and Barry Fitzgerald in very similar roles to "Going My Way" This time they are Doctors instead of Priests. Early in the movie, they meet on a train, and Barry Fitzgerald is trying to straight shave, while Bing is singing and shaving with an electric, Fitzgerald comes out of the encounter with a small cut.

View attachment 304589

Straight shaving on a moving train, not something I'd want to try.

Very nice, i did love the "Going my way".....great scenes.

Top Bottom