What's new

The Cobra Classic - The best razor on the market?

A more rounded handle would have been better but it's really not an issue. I believe all the SE razors from the pass did not have round handles. You get use to it by the end of one shave.

Interesting, I have had the handle slip; while viewing a shaving video, alum was suggested by the presenter to use in hoding on to a slick razor (rub alum on fingers); last time I used Cobra, I applied some on my fingers and hand and holding on, seemed much easier! Cobra is still my preferred razor.

My Cobra arrived yesterday and I just used it five minutes ago. The handle shape is no issue for me, in fact I prefer the handle to that of the Futur. The shave was excellent, BBS with absolutely no irritation. The Cobra is a superior tool. Anyone interested in a fairly new Futur (gold color)?
Yes, the Cobra is that good!

When I shave with the Cobra or any short handle razor, I have 3 fingers opposite my thumb and I let the bottom of the handle rest on the side tip of my pinky. It's a good solid grip. (I was going to post a picture of this but I can't figure out how to post it.)

Love my Cobra! Zero issues holding it and the blade angle for me is much more intuitive then my DE89. The Artist club blades are fantastic!

I had a great shave today also with my Cobra. Hey Jeff, I used one of those KAI Mild blades you sent to me. Nice and slick. Not sure if they are any better than the Feathers. I have to compare them some more. But that Cobra is the best.

I used the cobra for a pass last night. I just don't get the complaints. So smooth and sharp. I like the fit and finish. I don't use it often, but when I do, I am always impressed.

Hello all,

i received a cobra for my birthday. I'm about 5 shaves in and am struggling with razor burn and weepers on the chin. This is a lot more razor than the Merkur HD with Gillette black I normally use. Any suggestions to diminish the razor burn & weepers?

thanks in advance,
chris

You might try the Kai Mild Pink Blade? I get nick free and weeper free nearly every shave. (usually Professional Feather blade). Perhaps watching your angle for the trouble areas? I am always amazed at the close shaves I get with the Cobra! Good Luck!

Last edited:
Hello all,

i received a cobra for my birthday. I'm about 5 shaves in and am struggling with razor burn and weepers on the chin. This is a lot more razor than the Merkur HD with Gillette black I normally use. Any suggestions to diminish the razor burn & weepers?

thanks in advance,
chris

The Kai milds will help.

You might want to try playing around with the angle. Hold the razor so the flat part of the head is against your face and the blade isn't even touching your skin. You want to angle the head so that the razor just makes contact with your skin. I find that if the angle of the blade is to aggressive that I get a rough shave.

Also, the Feather Pro's that came with the Cobra were just too rough for my face to use for everyday shaving. If I've skipped a couple of days they are wonderful.

Hello all,

thanks in advance,
chris
First off, happy birthday! You got a splendid gift indeed.
You are getting razor burn because you are scraping skin with the hair. Your angle is too acute and you push the razor too much into the skin. The merkur heads have a large safety bar that even when you do that, it pushes the skin ahead of the blade so you don't get too much 'scrapping', merkurs are considered 'mild' because of that, their safety bar compensates for such user error. "aggressive" razor are less forgiving to improper angle and pressure because the blade is much closer to the skin.
Find the least acute angle that would cut hair, follow to contour of your face without digging in and use as little pressure as possible. As you reach the jaw line, adjust the angle to fit the curve of the jaw as it progresses to the neck, if you keep the same angle you use on your cheeks when your reach the jaw, you will essentially push the blade straight into the skin.

Last edited:
Nice! What blade are you using?

The Professional blades.

I have a pack of the Pro Guard blades that came with the Artist Club I purchased at the same time I bought the Cobra. I haven't used the AC nor the Pro Guard blades yet and I've only used my Merkur Futur once since the Cobra arrived (just to confirm how awesome the Cobra is).

Top Bottom