What's new

ADJUSTABLE APRIL 2024

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Some good came out of the weird razor rash!

1. Skin has not 100% recovered yet but more than fine enough that I will shave again tonight. I will use Voshkods in the Yaqi Ultima/Gibbs clone.

2. I told my neighbor about my weird skin issue without skin being red or visibly damaged AND this made him interested in DE wetshaving.
-> gave him my Merkur 15C, a Bambaw DE/R89 clone, and a Zomchi of undetermined but mild head design. Plus some Voshkods and a microfiber towel (to unscrew the head safely. One should never underestimate the ability of man to do stupid things whever possible.) No Dorcos, for now. :)
I also told him to get used to the Merkur for a week exclusively before experimenting. He has even larger hands than me and might have to replace the very short and thin handle, though.

Adjustable April 07
Ryley Resilient Razor
Wizamet SI
Rubberset 400 / Manchurian Bulb
BunduBeard - Emperors Affair
Master Soap's - Louie Splash

I pulled out the Ryley Resilient.
Adjustability has never been mentioned with these, but I beileve that they were also intended to be adjustable as they have a section under the head that has notches. With the thicker vintage blades, they can be opened about a full turn, but with modern blades they run out of tension at about a third of a turn.

Their main feature is the pivoting head - which frankly I have not managed to "master".

Have an awesome Sunday everyone!

sotd240407.jpg

Gillette Super-84 (P2) • Perma-Sharp
Wickham 1912 Magnum • AP400 Slim
IMG_20240407_091036375.jpg

Nice relaxed Sunday shave with the Super-84 today. I don't find a lot of difference between either the Slim or the 195 or this, but there are odd days when it feels like this almost has the edge over it's older brothers. This was one of those days!

AA ‘24

Cool & crisp early morning shave. It just doesn’t get any better than that for me. It just sets the tone for the day. Anyhow, the Ambassador can just flat out deal a sublime shave with little effort. Stirling Campania is a lovely woodsy, green & fig scent reminiscent of Acqua Di Parma’s Fico di Amalfi. Another cup of coffee & breakfast.

Great shaves to all…

1957B759-A7C0-48F6-A1FC-CE2318DD280C.jpeg

Day 7, Rex Konsul
20240407_145940.jpeg

A really nice Sunday shave. Three passes (wtg/xtg/xtg) on setting 2.5 and 2. Very nice, although the pairing with the Bic Chrome Platinum wasn't as smooth as I expected. Caught a mild redness on the neck. Though I'm suffering from birch pollen, too, I have to blame myself for applying a tad too much pressure. 🙈

Heal quickly @Iridian.

Cheers!

Been a bit busy and late getting started on April shaves. Two nights ago I used my Slim Adjustable for the first time and got a very good shave on setting 5. It didn't leave my skin warm like the Canadian Tech did the first few times I used it so I feel like I got the angle right. ATG was smooth and close as well.

I'm terrible at taking pics and my bathroom isn't very photogenic. So here's a terribly terrible pic right after the shave and before I had cleaned up.

IMG_2858.jpeg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Good morning, skin is still not feeling as it should, but it didn't get worse and is slowly getting better. It might be a case of rosacea, but I didn't see a doc yet.

I got advice to avoid alcohol, coffee, hot, cold, wind, exertion, eggs, meat, menthol, sugar etc.

Basically, everything except nuts, some oils and cheese. And avoid everything I love. 😬

And to add to the insult, to avoid stress. But this list totally stressed me. 😆

I have a free day today and to relax I will do a 16 km trailrun today and have beer and steak afterwards.

Good morning, skin is still not feeling as it should, but it didn't get worse and is slowly getting better. It might be a case of rosacea, but I didn't see a doc yet.

I got advice to avoid alcohol, coffee, hot, cold, wind, exertion, eggs, meat, menthol, sugar etc.

Basically, everything except nuts, some oils and cheese. And avoid everything I love. 😬

And to add to the insult, to avoid stress. But this list totally stressed me. 😆

I have a free day today and to relax I will do a 16 km trailrun today and have beer and steak afterwards.

I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night and I approve of this treatment regiment (the run, steak, and beer, that is)!*

*This is a joke and not meant to violate B&B's prohibition on providing medical advice. For those overseas, it's is a play on a common commercial in the US for the Holiday Inn Express hotel chain. Regardless, I hope your skin issues clear up soon.

Date07.04.2024
366 daily shaves
098/366

RazorBladeBrush
Eclipse Red RingDurable Sharp Titanium (7)Abe’s Brush Works Synbad
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (80)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
(details here)
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)5/10 (Sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
7/10
(DFS)
7/10 (Comfortable)

Notes:

I don’t use adjustable razors that much (practically never) and not even sure this one counts as such, but I did want to drop by and say hi!

Summary. Final shave with the Sharp blade. Wonderful Sunday shave using the fabulous Red Ring.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Adjustable April 08
Gibbs 9
Wizamet SI
Rubberset 400 / Oumo Boar
Master Soap's - Vintage Lapidus - soap and splash

This is definitely no BBS shaver for me. I spent the day working from home, so a great day to use it.

It uses Non-Modified blades, has the "Click" opening / flip top system and, if I'm not misteken, the only 1-Piece razor that Gibbs made.

sotd240408.jpg

Adjustable April 08
Gibbs 9
Wizamet SI
Rubberset 400 / Oumo Boar
Master Soap's - Vintage Lapidus - soap and splash

This is definitely no BBS shaver for me. I spent the day working from home, so a great day to use it.

It uses Non-Modified blades, has the "Click" opening / flip top system and, if I'm not misteken, the only 1-Piece razor that Gibbs made.

Cleanest Gibbs I've seen. Love the Pic.

Top Bottom