What's new

Adjustable choice: Parker Variant or Merkur Futur?

I have only the Futur Clone, and I have found it to be an excellent shaver. However, it does have an uneven blade, which concerns me. There have been some times when this may have given me a less than ideal result, but it has never been a huge issue.

If it mirrors the Future (which I have read it does not), it would indicate the Futur is outstanding in its function.
I can look at it, to see if the blade is even, when I get home.

You have to put the cap on in a certain direction. If you put it on the wrong way, the cap sits unlevel.

My Futur has an even amount of blade on each side of the head.
Excellent! You can see in the pic that one end is narrower than the other on my clone.
1000023350.jpg

Excellent! You can see in the pic that one end is narrower than the other on my clone.
View attachment 1853195
After reading your thread I got interested in the Futur. :001_rolle

I don't know the clone but this does not look ok!

I own a newer Futur and just checked. It does not have this tolerance (the blade is a training-dummy that I taped):

IMG_9730.jpeg

I tried the Futur up to setting 4 and I like this razor so far. It starts to get a bit aggressive at setting 4 though :bayrum2:

Btw. my Futur does not have any markings to put the cap on in a specific way. It also seems that both directions fit. Maybe there was a change in the design?

In fairness, my Futur clone has been dropped, and that could account for damage and the mis-aligned blade. However, I also cannot be certain that the issue was not there before its fall.

Top Bottom