What's new

RazoRock Superslant views, reviews, and shaves

Reading this with interest...

I recently got a Fatip open comb slant (FOCS) with the grande handle. I have only used it a few times so far, but my initial assessment is that it performs above it's modest price point.

For those that have both: How comparable is the Superslant to the FOCS?

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The Super Slant Lvl 3 makes Permasharp Super blades comfortable on my skin. In the “German” 37, they’re a kryptonite blade.

Obviously, I’m not Super Man; just some guy in a cape; but I don’t like the feel of kryptonite blades. Thank you, RazoRock Super Slant Lvl 3!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Happy Robbie Burns Day!

SOTD: Wednesday January 25, 2023
Razor: Superslant L3SB
Blade: Astra SP (5)
Brush: Omega 10005
Soap: Arko

Another Shave of Distinction.

For @StewB: I like the FOCS but I like a longer handle than that. I like being able to use almost any other razor handle on the Superslant. One of my decision points between the L3 and the L2++ was that having another UFO handle around was OK; I like that handle. I don't like the L2 choice, so bought the L3 for that and other reasons (and glad I did).

The shave with the Superslant is, for me, better, smoother and closer than the FOCS. The FOCS is a good shaver; I just find the Superslant better. If I'm in a mood to fiddle with a razor I'll use the FOCS, Merkur "Super Slant" or the Fasan Double Slant. If I want not to fiddle with it, just load it and shave, I'll reach for the Superslant, Konsul or ATT S2.

O.H.

I had to order one of these Superslants to try it when I saw they were in stock. Ordered the L1++. I received a Lupo 72 sb a couple days ago and was so impressed with it. Wasn't sure what to expect from them based on price but I liked the titanium halo handle I bought before so I gave in and bought the Lupo. I've shaved twice with it and it's awesome for the price and the super knurl is great handle. I'm excited to try the superslant when it arrives. If it is on par with the build and quality of the Lupo I'm sure it will be great.

Reading this with interest...

I recently got a Fatip open comb slant (FOCS) with the grande handle. I have only used it a few times so far, but my initial assessment is that it performs above it's modest price point.

For those that have both: How comparable is the Superslant to the FOCS?
The FOCS shaves well above its price point. I don't think the FOCS and my L3 are really comparable. L3 head is a bulkier shape but is a foolproof and closer shaver. The stock RR handles are too thick and heavy for me. The FOCS Grande is lighter and the FOCS Piccolo hits my preferred handle dimensions. The lower profile OC FOCS is also better at detailing for me. The FOCS requires a little more attention and familiarity.

I would say that the Superslant is worth every penny to the shave enthusiast, but 13000 pennies is all I really want to pay for it. The FOCS is in my view close to a tie with the Wunderbar and would be an ideal slant even at 50 or 60 bucks. At the current price, I own a backup/travel FOCS. I don't let my Wunderbar of L3 leave the house.

Today:
73793B47-697F-47E1-8348-9ABF7AAE33EC.jpeg

The L3 on the custom Ti handle finishes off the shave with horizontal strokes across my neck hollows - BBS on the neck maelstroms in a jiffy. I also Superslanted my cheeks. A 7/8 SR awkwardly runs into my glasses up there.

Ok @sakaltras, given these raving reviews... I have to ask. Why are you already selling yours?

#notastalker of you EBay profile 😇

Whenever I try to shave with my Super Slant it ends with irritation. I find the head too bulky and heavy for my taste. The area of the cap that touches the skin is too big. This area is flat and not rounded such as the Wunderbar so that a larger area of the razor head has contact with the skin. Don't know if this is understandable 😃

Iridian

Cool and slimy
@Shaun asleep interesting for sure. I use it very steep, and that works. I find it even a bit too mild and look forward to the + and ++ plates.

Otherwise, I raise it like Conan the Barbarian

or like some movie posters for Excalibur, Knights of the Round Table, but I don't twish it, it's already slanted, and just pull down very steep and straight.

This said, you cannot go fully vertical. You have seen sideview photos of the head, one has to angle it a bit for the blade to make skin contact.

l3wun.jpg

I think I know what @sakaltras meant, take a look at the sideview in this photo I just made. To the left/lower is the Wunderbar, to the right the L3. Sorry for the razor behind irritating a bit, you see the shaving plane is a longer and "flatter" for the L3 comnpared to the Wunderbar.

Two more shaves done, came out as priors, mighty fine. Since I found the fine line of carelessness, have come to understand the L2++, while a bit more user friendly than the WB, it requires respect. Of coarse, it can't be my technique, it must have been a bum personna blade - correct?

One casual observation, my shaves with several days growth seem better as in smother, less complicated than with a day or two growth..

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
We’re legally all adults here, Kim. Whatever you do with your Personna Lab Blues is your business. ;)

My brain hates this razor (Lvl 3), but my skin lurvs it.
Thom, I like the USA Personnas....just one bad experience. Same with Kai in a England Flat Bottom Tech... but great all the other times I've used them.

Top Bottom