What's new

Which Schick Injector Razor?

Earlier @Whiterook mentioned the Supply razors. I have the SE and really like it. It gives an easy and very smooth shave. In particular the fins allow lots of lather to flow through to the blade edge and the design doesn't clog. Especially if you are not already an experienced injector user, it is a great way to start!

Good evening, just finished shaving with a Schick type g from 1953-54, no cuts, nicks or weepers. I used the original blades that came with it, It was my first injector shave and felt a little rough what would you guys recommend for a modern blade? Thank you in advance for your help

The original blades were no doubt the carbon steel from that era. Edge degradation can occur in carbon steel. Personna or Schick are about the only games in town for injector blades. They are both modern stainless steel and will both shave you well.

The original blades were no doubt the carbon steel from that era. Edge degradation can occur in carbon steel. Personna or Schick are about the only games in town for injector blades. They are both modern stainless steel and will both shave you well.
Thank you for reminding me of the age of the blades, I was just thinking about my first time using an injector razor

My second shave with an injector, first shave with a new Schick blade and world of a difference, very smooth from the first stroke. Close comfortable shave, very happy thank you guys for the advice. Hopefully I can get 7 to 10 shaves on each blade.
Congratulations! Schick injectors are a rabbit hole. They are usually very inexpensive, and they shave great!
When you are comfortable with the Schick blades, try the Personnas, and Schick Proline. They are not as common, and they dont come in a cartridge with the injector key. You would have to transplant them into an empty cartridge. But to me they sure shave smooth!

Congratulations! Schick injectors are a rabbit hole. They are usually very inexpensive, and they shave great!
When you are comfortable with the Schick blades, try the Personnas, and Schick Proline. They are not as common, and they dont come in a cartridge with the injector key. You would have to transplant them into an empty cartridge. But to me they sure shave smooth!
The Schick blades are very good, but I prefer the Personna blades. I get them from Connaught Shaving and the Personna dispensers have the key.

Thank you for your help, amen on the rabbit hole I’am already thinking about getting another injector type I maybe? What’s your opinion on a next one?

I had a first shave with an E injector this morning.
No blade chatter with these dudes.
I could see whackin' several days of growth down but today was a 1 day growth.
Nice solid shave the jury is still out.

Both the Type G and the Type I are excellent. I prefer the handle of the I, but not by much. The G injector might be a tiny bit more aggressive, but not by much. I believe more G's were made, so they may be more plentiful. The good news is both models are relatively inexpensive.
I took your advice and bought the type g very happy with it, I am sure I will want at least a few more

I took your advice and bought the type g very happy with it, I am sure I will want at least a few more
You'll find Schick (and other injectors) are addictive. I have about 11 of 'em. I find the Type E's are borderline too aggressive for my 86-year-old thin skin. And the Type L's are too mild for my tough "old man" whiskers.

Consequently, my favorites are the Type G and the Type I.

However, if you use some expensive and hard-to-find vintage Schick twin-edge blades in the Type L, for which the Type L was designed, you're in for a most pleasant shaving experience. Smooth and close!

My second shave with an injector, first shave with a new Schick blade and world of a difference, very smooth from the first stroke. Close comfortable shave, very happy thank you guys for the advice. Hopefully I can get 7 to 10 shaves on each blade.
I easily get 10 to 14 three-pass shaves with the made-in-China Schick injector blades, even though I have tough whiskers.

Top Bottom