What's new

Which Schick Injector Razor?

Recovering Mach3 addict, attempting to locate a vintage Schick Injector Razor to return to my shaving youth. I'ld also like to test it against a modern competitor (Is there one?)

I've been investigating shaving sites. Seems that many SE folks truly enjoy their elderly Schick's. Rarely do authors specify "which Schick" model.

Soooooooo, will any of you help in naming the models you prefer or the models to avoid? It'll help me greatly as I stumble around on Bay and Itsy or place a WTB on this wonderful site.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
My favorite Schick injector models I use are the E2,E3, G,i2 with hydro-magic and the M3 adjustable all great razors. Looking for modern injector razor Supply Company comes to mind> they just released 2 new models and most folks seem to like them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a modest collection of Schick (Eveready) injectors. A type G, an L, and the M or Adjustable Schick. The older Type G was initially too aggressive for me, though with practice I'm starting to tame it. The M is one of my favorite razors.

I also have a Personna and two Pals. I prefer the Schicks.

There are couple of "new" injectors I'm tempted to try, one of them being the Parker.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I have at least one of each model (A through O), and while I have some favorites based on look and history (e.g., the A, C, D, F), I don't find dramatic shaving differences between the various models. My first Schick was $8 on ebay (with case), it's an E-3, and honestly, it gives me the closest shave. But I also reach for my E2, G and K (with Hydromagic lever) frequently.

I would recommend an E or G -- they seem to be the most prevalent (and thus tend to be inexpensive), or one with the hydromagic lever if you like the "easy clean" feature. I'm also a fan of the M (it's adjustable). Bottom line, I don't think you can go wrong with a Schick/Eversharp injector. I would also add that like @Dog Whiskerer, I have several Pals and while they are injector razors, I really do prefer the Schicks/Eversharps.

Keep us posted and feel free to follow up with any questions.

I have an E, a G and an M. I am still undecided if there is a difference between the E and G in shaving comfort and efficiency. The M is fun because I can adjust it between passes. I have a modern Parker adjustable. It is quite mild. I haven’t decided to buy the Supply yet. But I probably will.

If I were coming off cartridges I would want to start on the milder side of the spectrum. To me, that would be one of the later models, L or even N. The adjustable M would allow for gradual improvement in technique and might be the best choice. I have models A through O and prefer the earlier Schicks, but I have been using injectors for many years.

As to modern razors, I have the Supply Pro Adjustable and I really like it. I have not tried the new SE. Parker also makes an adjustable injector for around thirty bucks or so. Even dialed up they are on the mild side.

I guess a lot depends on how tough your whiskers are!

It would be helpful if we knew your approximate age, the condition of your skin, and the toughness of your whiskers.

The Schick Type G (1945-1954) and Type I (1955-1958) are good all-around choices for most shavers. They also have unique appearances.

If you're old and your skin is thin, I would not recommend the Type E. It's very aggressive and prone to nick and cut.

I have a type G and an M1. I really like the G but that was only when my technique improved. I LOVE the M1 adjustable.

Just speaking for myself, while the type of razor is important, I think the blade is just as if not more important. Ted Pella changed my outlook quite a bit in that regard.

Good luck with your search.

I went Parker adjustable when starting with injection razors. Like other said, mild but allows you to practice without any issues.

Recovering Mach3 addict, attempting to locate a vintage Schick Injector Razor to return to my shaving youth. I'ld also like to test it against a modern competitor (Is there one?)

I've been investigating shaving sites. Seems that many SE folks truly enjoy their elderly Schick's. Rarely do authors specify "which Schick" model.

Soooooooo, will any of you help in naming the models you prefer or the models to avoid? It'll help me greatly as I stumble around on Bay and Itsy or place a WTB on this wonderful site.
I wasn't sure where to put this,
I am looking for any type of hydro-magic that is right in the middle between very mild and aggressive. I have the I-2, but I want to get another one for travelling so I have two if any are still available. most ebay sellers that even have it, are not in the US where I am. The other problem is none of the ones with "Golden 500" cases, don't say Golden 500 anywhere on the actual razor, these are the best examples:

None of these show Golden 500 like I've seen on some pictures on this forum.

All Schick injectors are good, some better, I would get an adjustable to start.....that way you can change the gap

Here some more posts to read to confuse you more...or help you more. I would start with whch one covers your birth razor time frame.

I'm no expert, but if efficiency is what you seek, then Type E, G and M adjustables are amongst the best in that regard and I own at least one of each and my favorite is the M adjustable mainly because the handle feels more comfortable in my hand. Also, all of them are quite inexpensive and very easy to find in decent condition, so even if you end up not liking them you can always sell them on BST.

It would be helpful if we knew your approximate age, the condition of your skin, and the toughness of your whiskers.

The Schick Type G (1945-1954) and Type I (1955-1958) are good all-around choices for most shavers. They also have unique appearances.

If you're old and your skin is thin, I would not recommend the Type E. It's very aggressive and prone to nick and cut.
Good evening sir, In your opinion which of the two injectors would you recommend the G or the I, thank you for your time and help

Both the Type G and the Type I are excellent. I prefer the handle of the I, but not by much. The G injector might be a tiny bit more aggressive, but not by much. I believe more G's were made, so they may be more plentiful. The good news is both models are relatively inexpensive.

Both the Type G and the Type I are excellent. I prefer the handle of the I, but not by much. The G injector might be a tiny bit more aggressive, but not by much. I believe more G's were made, so they may be more plentiful. The good news is both models are relatively inexpensive.
Thank you again

Top Bottom