What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2022

Last one
E213FACE-7EB9-4409-8F4B-62D6AE3205C9.jpeg

20221130_164753.jpg

Been a while since I've visited Waldmann's, but I was able to zip in and pick up some crowlers during one of the wife's drag-a-longs. Their website updates have been almost non-existent.

I'd classify this as a Baltic porter, and it's excellent. Semisweet chocolate, rich, creamy mouthfeel, easy carbonation, nice attenuation.

Another Copper City offering tonight. Their description is pretty accurate, so...

CBV Stout Stout - Imperial / Double Milk

10% ABV

Chocolate, Bourbon and Vanilla abound in this rich, roasted, sweet Imperial stout. Expect subtle bourbon barrel notes, candy bar-like sweet chocolate and a vanilla, slight alcohol finish.

20221202_192327.jpg

^^^
French actually. Staff was nice and friendly. I was a little embarrassed because the only French I could extrapolate was chicken. Had to ask what everything else was :blush:.

Frites were excellent!

20221203_192804.jpg

20221203_191916.jpg

Desert Lager from Overhop microbrewery. I wasn't sure about the beet part but decided to try it because it was made by Overhop. The mix of Beet, Cocoa and Vanilla is surprisingly good.

Beet and vanilla are very upfront and you can taste them very separately. there's a bit of bitterness from the cocoa that mix really well with the of the beet. Great discovery

Desert Lager from Overhop microbrewery. I wasn't sure about the beet part but decided to try it because it was made by Overhop. The mix of Beet, Cocoa and Vanilla is surprisingly good.

Beet and vanilla are very upfront and you can taste them very separately. there's a bit of bitterness from the cocoa that mix really well with the of the beet. Great discovery
Looks like they were aiming for a red velvet cake in their presentation. I've had a beer that used that approch and it was pretty good in a surprising way.

KBS MMF. Third of four. I need to run out for some holiday stuff and save the last for awhile. Big Storm still hasn't released Category 5. I wonder if they are waiting for a special release event given Hurricane Ian.

I finally tried that one. The lovely GF bought some. I enjoyed it very much, Don.
Okay Eric, we need to be clear on something.... you know the bold statement is an impossibility. The correct way to state this is: "As I raised my glass of F.T.B., my eyes met the icy, disapproving stare of my (wife, GF, whatever). Despite this, I really enjoyed it."

Top Bottom