What's new

For those with kids in K through 6, give this life hack a try

Back in the 80s, on a random day, my sister and I went off for another day to school. Late Spring. Warm, beautiful. Just another day. Me in 5th grade, my sister in 2nd.

Later that morning, my sister and I were summoned from class to the office. Our Mom and Stepfather were there, saying we had dentist appointments that day, and would be leaving.

Huh?

We got to the car and Mike said, "You aren't going to the dentist. We're busting you out of this joint! We're going to the zoo!"

And just like that, we were on I-75 South, heading to Cincinnati in the Honda Prelude, windows rolled down, and Van Halen blasting. They'd let us get ready and leave for school knowing the whole time it was a travesty! A sham! A hoodwink!

If you have kids that age, run that psy-op on them! I'm 51 years old, sipping beer, remembering how great and awesome that was.

Very cool. I was planning on doing this with the grandkids tomorrow, since the weather will be in the 70’s. I already got the approval from the parents.

Very cool. I was planning on doing this with the grandkids tomorrow, since the weather will be in the 70’s. I already got the approval from the parents.
The key is to fooling them into thinking this is going to be another daily grind puttering around in the hated "phonetics" workbook.

Well, this is a little different. Instead of opting out, I opted into a field trip.

A few years ago I got a flying club I was a member of in touch with my kids teacher. The club provides the aquarium and rainbow trout eggs. The eggs hatch, then the class goes on a field trip to release the fry. I met the class at the lake with some fishing poles. I was able to help my sixth grader to catch a fish in front of his class. Making him a middle school legend! Then I showed the class how to clean a small trout to eat.
1A8EFBB0-0EF2-438E-BAA4-6691DFC8FC4A.jpeg
4EA5258A-96F6-435E-965A-6ED8BB64C175.jpeg

Top Bottom