What's new

December 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in!

IMG_20221202_130524.jpg

It looks like I copied @Multum in parvo !

Last edited:
I'm in 🙏🏽

First shave with this exquisite bear tallowed soap. I absolutely adore the combi of the picture on the lid and the name of this Ukrainian Areffa soap: "Total Black". I tell you: this is a great soap from an excellent artisan soap maker, brethren.

It has been some time since I used this Dutch vintage bakelite Philite razor. Great little razor, the lather comes out on the opposite side of the head, making it glide like an ice skater.

Can't say the acquisition urge has calmed down completely, but lucky for me I can't think of anything appealing enough to be tempted.. Except for a caged Le Coq, or all Areffa soaps, cremes and lotions. Or a Famex. And the new Razorock Slant. Or a......... 🤕🔨

6498B47E-9714-49C7-B737-DCE048C7DA57.jpeg

Sorry guys, I will not be joining December GRUME. After trying (and failing) twice, GRUME is curbing my enthusiasm.

For a few weeks now, I'm no longer eager to take pictures in my bathroom, or scrape glue dots at night getting things ready for the morning after.

I have a decent selection of gear and don't have anything in the shopping cart. But something simple like a new aftershave is enough to reignite my passion for hair removal. Without it, I don't know what will keep me going haha.
Respect, brother. I hold you in great esteem for taking your feelings serious, well done 👍🏼

I'm in; missed November, happy to be back.

1) FoolishMortal
2) Tjsgarden
3) Multum in parvo
4) Doti B
5) iver
6) elmo_koffman
7) BobbyB
8) Balin
9) cryhavoc
10) tillerman
11) LJBraaten
12) Jack Goossen
13 ) JAHE
14) Contact_vs_Feedback
15) SharpieB
16) ChriWilson
17) wmadoty
18) JWCowboy
19) chef455
20) Stuart Ganis
21) Sandorfi - SOTM
22) Cantujm
23) hopper_64
24) Markdad2
25) Guido75
26) Roedeer
27) FL shaver
28) sarir97
🙏🏽💪🏽

Sorry you feel that way, odd how GRUME affects people differently. I definitely had some craving issues, and I am not completely resolved that I am not going to get some more vintage razors (or honing devices, or…).
For me, GRUME has forced me to start using all of my purchases, and I discovered the hidden jewel of the lot, my early postwar tech. It is shaving so well I am considering getting rid of some of my other shavers. Also, I’ve found that B&B offers plenty of promotional opportunities to actually use stuff I would otherwise neglect, like my Gem and Ever-Ready razors, Boar brush, Open Combs, different blades, etc. For me, this has mostly displaced my cravings and keeps things interesting. But we are all wired differently.
Psssst.. sirrrrr... yes, you.... wanna buy a vintage bakelite? Only been used once by an old lady, parked in the garage every day. I make you a special price, yes?

Still in
1st shave of December
Pre-Shave: Hot face wash
Razor: Rockwell 6C (5)
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux
Brush: FS 3-Band Silvertip 26mm
Soap: MWF
Post -Shave: Alum Block
Fine American Blend AS Splash
Nivea Protect & Care ASB

Loaded heavy with the MWF and face lathered. Lather was nice and thick but well hydrated. Aided me in achieving a BBS result. Love the slickness and post shave feel of MWF and don’t have any issues with lathering. FAB splash complemented the MWF scent and all in all I’d rate this shave as 9/10.

Long may this continue.
Stay safe people and enjoy your shaves

PS….Anyone have a puck of PDP No.63 they want to trade ?
Preferably someone in Europe due to shipping costs

Thanks

In honor or a certain December group (which I can’t join), I got out my mini whisk broom, AKA the Omega 48 Boar. It didn’t work well with the face lather technique I have recently adopted with my Badger and synthetic brushes. The long bristles need another approach. Nevertheless, a DFS was had on my Tech and Feather
I'm in 🙏🏽

First shave with this exquisite bear tallowed soap. I absolutely adore the combi of the picture on the lid and the name of this Ukrainian Areffa soap: "Total Black". I tell you: this is a great soap from an excellent artisan soap maker, brethren.

It has been some time since I used this Dutch vintage bakelite Philite razor. Great little razor, the lather comes out on the opposite side of the head, making it glide like an ice skater.

Can't say the acquisition urge has calmed down completely, but lucky for me I can't think of anything appealing enough to be tempted.. Except for a caged Le Coq, or all Areffa soaps, cremes and lotions. Or a Famex. And the new Razorock Slant. Or a......... 🤕🔨

View attachment 1565866
Cow tallowed, folks. My bad.

SOTD #2
- IN -

First shave with this New Chubby - This brush is incredible enough, cannot wait to see its performance after 100 shaves
I'm warming very much to the D R Harris - Marlborough; scent has been approved by my girls - but then again so has Arko!...

Have a great start to your weekend !
  • D R Harris - Marlborough
  • Simpson's Chubby 2 (Best)
  • *Mühle R89
  • *Gillette Rubie Plus - 5
  • Kiehl's Blue Astringent
  • Nivea Protect & Care 2 in 1
* SWS
IMG_9771.JPG

I'm in 🙏🏽

View attachment 1565866
So nice to see an “in again from you!
Psssst.. sirrrrr... yes, you.... wanna buy a vintage bakelite? Only been used once by an old lady, parked in the garage every day. I make you a special price, yes?
I’m picturing you in a trench coat! 😅

Day 2, 6.5% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Enhancement: a few drops of glycerine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 OC, Al Handle, Astra SP #6
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Back to the open comb .84. This time, I tried WTG, XTG and then some selective tidy-ups, skipping ATG.

The result was comfortable, and a pretty good DFS. Maybe this is the way to get seven days a week out of the open comb plate, without a build-up of irritation.

@Guido75 and @Balin, I've not tried B&M soaps yet, but just looked them up... :D

Top Bottom