What's new

December 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

I used a KCG for my beard, but was not happy with it. Then switched to your Dorco Titan, which was much better, but due to my fiddling with the angle I cannot yet give you my opinion on the blade yet.
All good - was indeed wondering if you gave the Iridium yet another chance hence the less stellar shave.

Actually that Titan becomes better after the second shave (for me) so that one you now already had 😊.

Guido

Still in - another BBS :)

Lord plastic OC, dark blue Platinum (4), Palmolive, Eagle G3 Pure, La Toja splash

1C66BD69-E9F2-4505-A242-59216707B8A9.jpeg

96FBCD6E-3F80-4AC7-9AEE-33CF87B664DD.jpeg

GRUME, day 4...Still In! 💪
Synthetic Sundays

PXL_20221204_143324523.jpg

Gillette Slim-setting 4
Wizamet Super Iridium SS (1)
B&M Cheshire
Simpson Trafalgar T3
DoveMen+Care cream, Hydro Boost and hyaluronic acid

Day 4

It has been a while since I used the Slim...and it was VERY nice to use a new smooth razor blade.
I am still experimenting with the soap. I developed a low sheen lather and there was a good glide and slickness but next time I will add a little more hydration. I am in the habit of leaving the lid off the soap container for a couple hours and Cheshire may be my favorite "den scent". It was nice to use a synthetic brush in the mix of this 'boarish' month.

Take care of yourself and each other.

Still in!

20221204_142840-01-01-01.jpeg

A nice and dramafree Sunday shave. It's been the 4th shave of DecemBoar.

The fresh Timor blade was a nice pairing with the Parker 62R, the blade offers a good balance of smoothness and sharpness. 👌
BBS on the face and a DFS result on the neck. Overall, a really enjoyable shave free of nicks...

Enjoy your Sunday, y'all!

Last edited:
Date
365 days of shaving341/337
(100%)
GRUME December4/31 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
Gillette Slide (2nd pass)
(NW-SE | cheeks)
(S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette NEW LC with Red Lasta Handle
Timor (5)
Razorock 400 Plissoft
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
TGS Furiah
Proraso
Cold splash
Proraso Green (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

Still in. Looked at a couple of razors, but just looking. Fifth run with the Timor and this time in the NEW Long Comb. A super smooth shave ensued. This razor is a very tiny bit more comfortable than the NEW Flat Bottom, but the Flat Bottom is more effective - 12h past the shave I feel more stubble than I did yesterday. Still this is an amazing razor with good nimble abilities.
Perfect way to start Sunday - well we’re heading towards Monday here already, but ok.

Additional shave notes can be found here

Still in.
Last nights shave was

Pre-Shave: Warm face wash
Soap: Fine Classic Santal Absolute
Razor: EJDE89
Blade: Polsilver SI
Brush: Simpsons Commodore X3
Post-Shave: Alum Block
Proraso Sandalwood AS Splash
Proraso Sandalwood & Shea Butter ASB
GFT Sandalwood Cologne

Found my first ever DE the EJDE89 and decided to give it a whirl with a Polsilver SI. Razor and blade combo was a bit too mild for me. Still managed to get a DFS but no BBS as I normally get with the Rockwell 6C.
The EJDE89 will get put away again for another day.

On to the next shave I suppose 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
20221204_145205.jpg

In still.

Today's shave-
King C Gillette w/ 🪶
Omega 10049
PAA Chocolate Bourbon in a bowl
Lucky Tiger 🐅 Tonic

3 passes W/X/A

= BBS

Surprisingly the star of my shave this morning was the KCG razor. I grabbed one of these from Walgreens when they first came out and shaved with it a handful of times and don't recall being smitten in the slightest. Perhaps it was a brand new Feather blade, maybe my technique has improved over the last couple years, likely a combination of several factors. Regardless I was happy that I broke it out of the "closet" and I'll be paying more attention to it. Too bad the knurling sucks.

Happy shaves my B&Bers!!!

Day 4, 12.9% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Enhancement: a few drops of glycerine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 OC, Ti Handle, Astra SP #1
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Stayed with the open comb, but loaded up a fresh Astra.

Started with the standard N-S, mostly-WTG pass. Then skipped the XTG on my cheeks, going ATG. The neck area got the same. Other areas got XTG, but no ATG. Overall, I kept the coverage down to 2 passes.

That seemed to work. No obvious irritation, or the aftershave would have stung.

The open comb Game Changer is noticeably more effective WTG than the safety bar, so it makes sense that it would need less follow-up.

Day 4, 12.9% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Enhancement: a few drops of glycerine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 OC, Ti Handle, Astra SP #1
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Stayed with the open comb, but loaded up a fresh Astra.

Started with the standard N-S, mostly-WTG pass. Then skipped the XTG on my cheeks, going ATG. The neck area got the same. Other areas got XTG, but no ATG. Overall, I kept the coverage down to 2 passes.

That seemed to work. No obvious irritation, or the aftershave would have stung.

The open comb Game Changer is noticeably more effective WTG than the safety bar, so it makes sense that it would need less follow-up.
I'm glad it worked for you! 🙂

Top Bottom