What's new

🌕🌗 365 shaves in 2022🌓🌕

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, November 29th 2022, #333 of 333 consecutive daily shaves!

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar slant with a modified Micromatic handle, Mfg 2017-2022, upper mid range, some real accurate machining and QC on this razor, light touch with a steep angle(riding the bar works for myself), you can receive some stellar smooth shaves. I have been experimenting with a 2 stack blade to see how it performs, 2nd shave excellent and tames it down a notch also if curious.
Blade : 2 X Astra SP (2) sharp & smooth with excellent longevity, trying a 2 stack in a DE for the first time with nice results.
Soap : Speick, very nice mild spicy scent with some of the best lather qualities in a soap, triple milled and worth every penny.
Brush : Yaqi "Deep stones" 24mm boss knot- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber, excellent painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock King Louis splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs+ no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant with 2 X Astra SP blade.
SOTD November 29 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Shave # 333: Excellent Shave.
Tuesday November 29, 2022
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Incorporeal
Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Gillette SharpEdge (1)
IMG_1748.jpg

Date
365 days of shaving336/332
(100%)
GRUME29/30 (100%)
NOCvember
29/30 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve (1)
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
Gillette Slide (2)
(NW-SE | cheeks & S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette EFBT with Blue Lasta handleBolzano (8)Razorock 400 Plissoft
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Floïd's The Genuine (AS)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~15 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

I intended to shave with the Gillette and my Timeless, but stubble was on the milder side and therefore I only used the Tech. Going with a Bolzano on its 8th run it was a very smooth shave with no hassles and all dazzles. Smooth, comfortable and the Bolzano not showing any signs of fatigue. BBS level was achieved relatively easy, although I have the feeling the longevity of the BBS will be less than with my other blades / razors. The Tech is a versatile and nimble razor that is about as good as razors get - also bearing in mind the age of this razor.

The Razorock brush is my favorite currently and it lathers exuberantly well. Nice slickness and glide and of course the soap being Proraso Green with a menthol kick between passes. Wonderfully soft and yet with enough backbone for me. Really a great brush.

Floïd's stang at first and provided that nice and warm sensation in combination with a barbershop scent.

Excellent start of the day I would say!

Shave #333 of 333

Razor: Rockwell R3
Blade: Bolzano (3)
Brush: Yaqi Green Obsidian
Pre-shave: Mama Bear’s Cedarwood stick
Soap: Mama Bear’s Northwood
Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Bootleggers Bay Rum

An enjoyable, drama-free shave resulting in a DFS+ result.

Still daily :)
still busy so not much time but wanted to brain dump ! Hahahaa

did use my SV today with a green 7 O’Clock blade Timeless razor now comparing my scallop and the SB in 68 :)
getting closer to my fav razor all are so so so close but something I want to do and decided I passed on the Tatara sale I was so close to pulling the trigger on the adjustable (muramasa I think get the names confused) but decided if I was going to spring for that I really want it to be a Ti and not the stainless as I just prefer the weight feel of Ti razors !

did order 3 jars of Captains Choice cream today :) razor company still had the %15 off and free shipping on that smaller order
so that CC cream is winning out for my soap and want enough to keep comparing my other soaps
today made me realize my previous fav of SV today was not up to yesterdays and other days I used the CC cream !

So also wanted enough to do some more comparisons of all my other soaps for one last go around ! And finalize that

lets hope the other CC scents I ordered are as good performing as the bay rum ! Not sure why they would not be but I am a bit of a OH I HOPE when not using stuff much till I know it !

Did get some lime as I want to mix the bay rum and lime :)
venture as that is one of my fav scents !
Land Ho because I am curious and needed

I do have some hard soap from CC and its not as good as the cream no matter what I do ? Not sure why or what is in that cream that is making it so much better ? Hmmmmmmmm

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
333 of 333
NOCvember

IMG_20221127_134520.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum(13)
Soap: TFS Rasozero Agrumella
Brush: Yaqi Moka-express 2 band badger

Tonight Agrumella went again and I must say that blooming this soap has made the lathers much denser and creamier than I have been used to thus far. Although it is too early to tell how the blooming has affected soap consumption and it may be my imagination but I think the soap may actually be disappearing (I'm not putting that down to blooming after just 2 attempts).
The result was, rather unusually a better shave than yesterday with the MdC/Rocca combination.
The result was a near BBS with no irritation. Just perfect for today

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 333 of 333 = 100%
Razor: Gillette Germany 34 Tech (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai (2)
Brush: Craving Shaving Debris Handle (PAA 24mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
Fragrance: Belcam G2bu EdT Spray

Superb shave! :cool:
20221129_140403~3.jpg

Please check out full notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff in my Journal: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12029215

Tuesday 29th November, shave #333

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Enhancement: a few drops of glycerine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #2
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm

A quick but effective DFS.

Date
365 days of shaving337/333
(100%)
GRUME30/30 (100%)
NOCvember
30/30 (100%)
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve (1)
Gillette Slide (2)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Timeless Ti95 SC
Eddison
Omega 632 Super Badger
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Floïd's The Genuine (AS)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9.5/10 (~15 minutes)9.5/10 (Tiniest weepers on the)
EffectivenessComfort
9.5/10 (Marble-)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

To end November I took out my Timeless. Still paired with the Eddison blade and together they performed exquisitely. An almost perfect shave with a marble finish except for under the nose. In fact I had a @CCS moment - I felt one or two whiskers under the nose so I had to go back after the shave and take care of those.

The Omega brush with @tjsgarden TipDip method made for an excellent Proraso lather. The lather provided wonderful glide and protection.

Floïd's let me know this was a really close shave and Nivea came to the rescue to provide coolness and nutrition to the skin.

Excellent shave!!

Shave # 333: BBS!!!
Wednesday November 30, 2022
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Incorporeal
Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (1)
IMG_1755.jpg

Shave #334. First use of this cream and first use of any cream in many years. Took about six weeks to ship from England to West Coast Canada. Probably went through the Panama Canal. Nice velvety lather but I don't care for the scent. That's what makes sample sizes nice. Glad I don't have to endure a tub of it.
Image4187170460020934171.jpg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
334 of 334
NOCvember

IMG_20221130_213413.jpg

Razor: Gillette Slim Twist
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (1)
Soap: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Brush: Yaqi Black Ferrari

Tonight to finish NOCvember I decided on the Gillette Slim Twist, the model used by my father for so many years with the Wilkinson Sword blade his goto blade. If I had thought about it today I should have got out my old no name boar brush and got myself a tube of Palmolive cream just to make it more like my dad's shave. I picked Sharp Dressed Man lathered with the black Ferrari brush.
The shave showed that this razor makes you feel like there is a whole lot of blade. The result was closer to a DFS than the feel of the shave would imply.

Wednesday 30th November, shave #334

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Enhancement: a few drops of glycerine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #3
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm

Finished the month with a good near-BBS.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 334 of 334 = 100%
Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Brush: Shavemac Synthetic Fan
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
Fragrance: Belcam G2bu EdT Spray

Superb 💯 shave! :cool:
20221130_204411~2.jpg

Please check out full notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff in my Journal: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12030948

Date
365 days of shaving338/334
(100%)
GRUME December1/31 (100%)
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve (1)
Gillette Slide (2)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
NEW ImprovedTimor (3)Omega Proraso
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Dutchy Bergamot
Kox Enamel
Face lathering
Cold splash
Proraso Green (AS)
Proraso Green (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

With NOCvember closed it was time to bring out the open combs again! And the NEW Improved begged me to be used. I loaded the razor with the second Timor blade from the Blade Discovery Adventure on its third run and the combination delivered a smooth and comfortable ride.

In terms of technique I more closely followed my beard map and paid extra attention to letting the razor do the work (i.e. no pressure). Worked really well. I could have done just two passes as the first pass was mega effective, but I felt the blade being harsher on the first ATG strokes on the neck and so I switched back to a usual three pass shave. That turned out to be a good idea and BBS was the ensuing result.

Using the Omega Proraso I loaded the Bergamot for a nice face lather. This brush - although boar - is very soft and floppy to the face. Face lathering makes it less thirsty than bowl lathering for some reason and so I went with that. Dutchy Bergamot is only available from my local shaving shop and it is a wonderful, easy scent as well as providing an excellent post shave feeling to the skin.

Great first day of December I would say. Enjoy yours!

Shave #335. Into the last month of shaves for 2022. I'll be sad when this blade expires as it has been very good and trouble free in all of my razors. But at nine shaves it's not showing any signs of giving up. Trouble is, I can't remember where I bought them. Personna made in Israel.
Image8313326077381609979.jpg

Top Bottom