What's new

October 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in and it feels good to be back guys :)
Headshave today
FA8573F9-450D-4C5F-B147-2657D8DCE105.jpeg

I’m in
1) FoolishMortal
2) Markdad2
3) FL shaver
4) Balin maybe SOTM Tabactober
5) Tjsgarden - Tabactober-SWS
6) LJBraaten
7) Multum in parvo - Tabactober/OCtober
8) elmo_koffman
9) Jack Goossen
10) Dotii B
11) linty1 (30/31)
12) kjbarth - GRUYERE
13) Kyle89
14) sarir97
15) Guido75
16) Sandorfi (SOTM-Tabactober)
17) cryhavoc
18) SharpieB
19) La Malice (SOTM / Tallowbac & Tabaftershave at least for must of the month for the AS )
20) Jayson74
21) hopper_64 - Tabactober/OCtober
22) Trollky
23) Cantujm
24) JaggardJ
25) lasta (Tabactober)
26) Chef455
27) Dodger59
28) ChriWilson SOTM - Tabactober - SMS
29) bjm
30) Roedeer
31)Iver

lasta

Blade Biter
GRUME day 2: Technically still in. But my mind is probably verging on infidelity.

2 confessions:
- Enjoying the Oct 1st hew haul.
- When I said 2 razors due to arrive in October, I actually meant 3, spotted an Arisocrat on 9.30 23:42 and had to have it. Still pre-GRUME right?

Image_20221002100621.jpg

Day 1, 3.2% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #3
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave.

Back to SV70 again, and got a perfectly slick bowl lather. The rest of the kit did its job, for a comfortable BBS.

Missed posting here! Still in! Day 1 GRUME, day 2 no nicotine.

Been there! :eek2: Exercise seemed to take my mind off it better than anything else.

Great to be back in after a month off! I intend to enjoy what I have and avoid the distractions of unnecessary wants, AD, and FOMO.
I appreciate that there are participation groups that feature using products I already own. I started out the month with an OCtober (Open Comb) shave on my Gillette New. This had been my favorite razor until I started using my skinny handled early Postwar Tech. Recently it has been in my rotation for a relatively new blade (like shaves 17-40), and when it seems too harsh I switch to the Tech. The last time I used it was during Shark Week. So I was very apprehensive about using it on shave 110 of my current blade. Fortu, my shave with my seldom used fat handled Tech yesterday was a good warm up since the handles are very close to the same size same (although the New is much heavier). It gave me a great shave with no irritation. I think my recent improvements in technique have made the difference. I may even go back to this as my main razor for a while.

Top Bottom