What's new

October 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

lasta

Blade Biter
Oct 3rd, 1:45AM, I think this is going to be another 2 shave day!

Image_20221003020726.jpg

GRUME musings:

Pressure is mounting. I Was offered another Flat Bottom Tech at a good price, but I didn't falter!

For those that care, my Tech was a former service issue POW, half of its nipples have been pried off. Not only is it flat bottomed, but also flat chested! The offered Tech had intact nipples...is it worth giving up on GRUME?

I already have 3 Techs, but the other 2 are nice and perky.
Image_20221003021608.jpg

Day 2, 6.5% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 OC, Ti Handle, Nacet #4
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #4
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Used both Game Changers again, for a luxurious BBS. Open comb for a close WTG/XTG pass, then an easygoing mostly-ATG and tidy-up with the safety bar version.

For those that care, my Tech was a former service issue POW, half of its nipples have been pried off.

Was that to make some incompatible blades fit, in a world desperately short of blades? You've got a handful of history there.

I like old razors, but my goal is perfect functionality, most likely with modern kit, I want to walk away from that sink with a better shave than most kings and presidents ever got...

lasta

Blade Biter
Was that to make some incompatible blades fit, in a world desperately short of blades? You've got a handful of history there.

I like old razors, but my goal is perfect functionality, most likely with modern kit, I want to walk away from that sink with a better shave than most kings and presidents ever got...

Hi Roedeer,

I have no idea to be honest, the scratching and gnawing are definitely not accidental. Something must have happened to it in the 80 years before reaching me...

As for functionality, blades align just fine. After some polish, silver plating, and a custom handle, still looks fit for a king!

Image_20221003115838.jpg

Last edited:
Another fine shave with the same setup as yesterday. It’s been fun to pull out the Gillette New. Today I violated my first rule and used a little too much pressure at the beginning. It’s so counter intuitive to ease up when the blade doesn’t seem to be cutting much. Ended up with a DFS and only one slight weeper.

Attachments​

Date:03.10.2022
Focused participations:03/31 Days in GRUME
276/276 in 365 days of shaving (100%)
03/31 OCtober
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Shave of the Week Society (on hold)
Razor:Gillette NEW FB
Blade:Tiger Platinum (1)
Brush:DVH Synthetic
Soap:TGS Sea Citrus
Bowl:Proraso
Preshave:Cold splash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Cold face wash
Chanel Allure (Balm)
Passes:WTG (Gillette Slant) | XTG (Gillette Slide) | ATG (usual)
Efficiency:8/10 (20 minutes)
Quality:10/10 (Clean)
Comfort:7/10 (some rougher strokes)
Effectiveness:9/10 (BBS)

Continuing OCtober with my NEW Flat Bottom and a fresh Tiger blade. A nice and comfortable shave with rougher experiences around the chin and under the chin areas. Nice finish and feeling very fine.

Ponderings about today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11952479

15AEC6DB-A4A6-440A-9556-9F919B855A8A.jpeg

So, umm, these just arrived :c14::
View attachment 1532626

I know a gentleman should withhold negative criticism unless specifically asked...But have I gone against the spirit of GRUME? Purchased in September, but technically on-boarded in October!
No you are perfectly fine. Purchase date and payment settlement are the reference points. So guilty free enjoyment during GRUME I would say!

Have you already cleaned them? They look to be in very fine condition.

Cheers,

Guido

Still in 🙏🏽

Glad to be back. My acquisition frenzy took me by surprise and I purchased a lot of razors. Blades too, from Saint Petersburg, anticipating the looming boycot in the EU.
But... I am glad I'm in GRUME again. Gives me some peace of mind at last.

One of the newly acquired razors was forced upon me by enabler @Guido75
This razor is so brilliant I am not angry at him anymore, but feel I need to thank him instead. Thank you, Guido 😇

F13798D3-7AE7-4F58-9BC0-AC0565E0A3CE.jpeg

One of the newly acquired razors was forced upon me by enabler @Guido75
This razor is so brilliant I am not angry at him anymore, but feel I need to thank him instead. Thank you, Guido 😇
At Enablers, Inc we make you aware of the needs you did not know you had. It’s our business to know!

And even without force, you are most welcome! Glad you liked it! :thumbup: It has a safety bar, but I have yet to experience it actually living up to that name - I am even considering using it in OCtober, because it might as well be an open comb!

Another satisfied customer! If you do not know what you want, give us a call - we might just be able to help you out! Call now: 1-800-Enablers.

Enjoy!

Guido

At Enablers, Inc we make you aware of the needs you did not know you had. It’s our business to know!

And even without force, you are most welcome! Glad you liked it! :thumbup: It has a safety bar, but I have yet to experience it actually living up to that name - I am even considering using it in OCtober, because it might as well be an open comb!

Another satisfied customer! If you do not know what you want, give us a call - we might just be able to help you out! Call now: 1-800-Enablers.

Enjoy!

Guido
You'd sell a Mercedes to a customer looking for a bicycle to buy.

Another fine shave with the same setup as yesterday. It’s been fun to pull out the Gillette New. Today I violated my first rule and used a little too much pressure at the beginning. It’s so counter intuitive to ease up when the blade doesn’t seem to be cutting much. Ended up with a DFS and only one slight weeper.

Attachments​

Nice razor! What is the story behind the soap mug and the brush?

Top Bottom