What's new

LCP triggers

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Cargo shorts and "Tacticool" shorts certainly work for certain situations, much to SWMBOs dismay, but occasionally I'd like to wear something a bit nicer and still be able to pack some lightweight protection.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I have one of the “original” original LCP’s my serial number is right around 4000. It had to go in for the first recall where they machined a chunk of metal out of the frame and since then I’ve had no trouble with it. It’s not a comfortable pistol to shoot but after the first couple hundred rounds I got pretty used to it. I shoot maybe 20-30 rounds each time I go to the range and that’s about it. The trigger pull is looong but breaks cleanly. It is definitely a “get out of my face” pistol so I rarely shoot it past 7yds and the sights are adequate for that range. I did paint the front sight post neon orange and the rear sight notch white which helps me pick them up faster. The only thing I wish it had was a last round slide lock.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I shot the original LCP when it had been out a bit of time. I actually surprised myself with it. Didn't enjoy it much. My LCR .357 with .38's in it is my daily carry.

I just like things that go round and round, I'm a simple man. Or a simpleton, closer to the truth.

The LCP hurt my wrist a little, as I recall. I can shoot the LCR all day. The LCR in .22 hurts more. Your dad finger gets tired with that 12# pull.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I believe my LCP is the last iteration. With a Pachy grip sleeve it is marginally contollable but still the absolute worst of all of my .380. I have tried to give it away a couple times but without success.

FarmerTan

Man. My posts confuse lots of folks.

But if I wrote a nurse's note in longhand I (may) have written sloppy so if I had to testify in court, I could honestly not read what I wrote. (I learned that from a smart dokter, actually!) But when we switched to computer charting I had to learn how to say just enough to cover my .... So it should be no surprise to you folks that "your dad finger" OBVIOUSLY means "trigger finger." Sorry for any confusion I caused myself.

But I ALSO think my "Dad's" finger would have a problem with a 12 pound trigger....

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member

But if I wrote a nurse's note in longhand I (may) have written sloppy so if I had to testify in court, I could honestly not read what I wrote. (I learned that from a smart dokter, actually!) But when we switched to computer charting I had to learn how to say just enough to cover my .... So it should be no surprise to you folks that "your dad finger" OBVIOUSLY means "trigger finger." Sorry for any confusion I caused myself.

But I ALSO think my "Dad's" finger would have a problem with a 12 pound trigger....
I absolutely hated the changeover from paper to electronic charting. What once took me 20min to write took me an hour to type when we switched to electronic charting. To stay on topic I knew what you meant by “dads finger.”

FarmerTan

I absolutely hated the changeover from paper to electronic charting. What once took me 20min to write took me an hour to type when we switched to electronic charting. To stay on topic I knew what you meant by “dads finger.”
And I'll bet your wife hates the charting SHE is responsible for nowadays!

ALL of our charting is covering up a certain body part because of our litigious society and insurance coverage for the patient.

Get off my lawn if you don't agree at least a little that it would do medical care some good if we could go back to about 1955...

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

Then use your bird finger? ;)

FarmerTan

Then use your bird finger? ;)
I often ask my wife if I can do that, since she does 90+% of the driving when we are together.

Some jackrabbit will make me angry on the road, but she always refuses my offer.
She's afraid of road rage! I tell her don't werry, I ain't all that mad, plus I'm carrying.

She has no sense of humor some days! I blame the Baptist upbringing.... Too stinkin' nice!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I often ask my wife if I can do that, since she does 90+% of the driving when we are together.

Some jackrabbit will make me angry on the road, but she always refuses my offer.
She's afraid of road rage! I tell her don't werry, I ain't all that mad, plus I'm carrying.

She has no sense of humor some days! I blame the Baptist upbringing.... Too stinkin' nice!

Turning the other cheek doesn’t mean mooning people in the other cars…. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I shot my new LCP Max for the first time today, see the day at the range thread. That trigger takes a bit of getting used to. It didn't pinch so much but it became a bit tender after 80 rounds fired. I will have to shoot it a bit more to decide if I want to do anything to it. Slow controlled fire results in adequate accuracy, but rapid double taps leave a lot to be desired.

I shot my new LCP Max for the first time today, see the day at the range thread. That trigger takes a bit of getting used to. It didn't pinch so much but it became a bit tender after 80 rounds fired. I will have to shoot it a bit more to decide if I want to do anything to it. Slow controlled fire results in adequate accuracy, but rapid double taps leave a lot to be desired.
Lord! I cringe at Ruger triggers!😜

I tried a couple of suggested mods on my LC.380, but ended up going with Galloway Precision's flat trigger kit. It was a kit with a redesigned, Galloway produced, trigger bar, trigger & 4 springs for just under a C-note. Pricey, but truly worth it- I actually enjoy it now.

The LCP Max trigger is only $40. He-ey...😁

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Lord! I cringe at Ruger triggers!😜

I tried a couple of suggested mods on my LC.380, but ended up going with Galloway Precision's flat trigger kit. It was a kit with a redesigned, Galloway produced, trigger bar, trigger & 4 springs for just under a C-note. Pricey, but truly worth it- I actually enjoy it now.

The LCP Max trigger is only $40. He-ey...😁
Yes, the Galloway trigger is what I've been looking at and plan to get in the near future.

I became so used to my heavy and long 642 Smith trigger that I found it difficult to get used to the lcpII trigger at first. After a couple hundred rounds it became pretty natural. I have learned to like it. You might as well!

I don’t shoot long range with it when I practice. I also rarely shoot more than 20-25 rounds at the range with it anymore. Usually, anymore, I do like @OkieStubble mentioned. I pull it out of my pocket, empty it on target without blowing the lint balls out of it, reload it with new defensive ammo and put it back in my pocket. I usually do clean it soon after shooting it…. It just kills me not to clean a dirty gun….

Original LCP since they first came out. A Galloway Sweat Pea trigger and Talon grip tape made it much more shootable. Added a Techna Clip so I just slip it in an empty pocket, clip keeps it in place. Not my EDC, but a quick t-shirt and shorts going to the liquor store gun. Does frequent duty as the truck gun too.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I became so used to my heavy and long 642 Smith trigger that I found it difficult to get used to the lcpII trigger at first. After a couple hundred rounds it became pretty natural. I have learned to like it. You might as well!

I don’t shoot long range with it when I practice. I also rarely shoot more than 20-25 rounds at the range with it anymore. Usually, anymore, I do like @OkieStubble mentioned. I pull it out of my pocket, empty it on target without blowing the lint balls out of it, reload it with new defensive ammo and put it back in my pocket. I usually do clean it soon after shooting it…. It just kills me not to clean a dirty gun….
I’m the same way.

Top Bottom