What's new

LCP triggers

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Order placed for the Galloway Sigurd Trigger for the LCP Max as well as the guide rod and recoil spring, the latter two may be unnecessary, but they were inexpensive, so why not.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Order placed for the Galloway Sigurd Trigger for the LCP Max as well as the guide rod and recoil spring, the latter two may be unnecessary, but they were inexpensive, so why not.

I’ll probably follow suit shortly for the wife’s Max.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I installed the Galloway Sigurd trigger today in my LCP Max, along with the guide rod and outer recoil spring. It was a very "fiddly" job. The fit of the trigger on the trigger bolster was too tight and I had to polish both to get it to fit smoothly, but in the end, all went together with good results. It will be a couple of days before I can shoot it and see what impact it has on the issue of it tending to shoot low and left due to the previously troublesome trigger pull.
D93BD7FA-5A34-44D5-B5A5-31DE13F079C4.jpeg

OkieStubble

I installed the Galloway Sigurd trigger today in my LCP Max, along with the guide rod and outer recoil spring. It was a very "fiddly" job. The fit of the trigger on the trigger bolster was too tight and I had to polish both to get it to fit smoothly, but in the end, all went together with good results. It will be a couple of days before I can shoot it and see what impact it has on the issue of it tending to shoot low and left due to the previously troublesome trigger pull. View attachment 1485889

That’s not the best looking trigger I have ever seen, but if you come back with a decent report, I will be buying it also.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Without actually shooting it, dry firing gives an impression of a smoother trigger pull with improved ergonomics. Still measures 6 + lbs on the Lyman trigger scale.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Without actually shooting it, dry firing gives an impression of a smoother trigger pull with improved ergonomics. Still measures 6 + lbs on the Lyman trigger scale.
Where are you measuring on the trigger? Do you get the same readings if you measure lower or higher?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I try to measure low on the trigger for the most leverage. However, it is still difficult to get a consistent reading, anywhere from just over 6 lbs., up to 6 lbs., 14 oz. but averaging roughly 6 lbs., 5 oz.

Last edited:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I realize it's not an LCP but I have been very pleased with the trigger on the Shield 2.0 9mm.

A set of ten pulls using my Lyman Digital scale give me a low of three pounds nine ounces and a high of four pounds three ounces and an average of four pounds one ounce. It has very little take up, a clean break, virtually no over travel and a short audible and tactile reset. My acquaintances with the Shield 1.0 have all swapped out to one of the aftermarket units but honestly I can't find anything I'd want to change or improve so far with the 2.0.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

I realize it's not an LCP but I have been very pleased with the trigger on the Shield 2.0 9mm.

A set of ten pulls using my Lyman Digital scale give me a low of three pounds nine ounces and a high of four pounds three ounces and an average of four pounds one ounce. It has very little take up, a clean break, virtually no over travel and a short audible and tactile reset. My acquaintances with the Shield 1.0 have all swapped out to one of the aftermarket units but honestly I can't find anything I'd want to change or improve so far with the 2.0.

If’n I wasn’t a Glock 43X fanboy, I would have a S&W M&P 2.0.

Or an HKVP9 Compact…. Or a Walther PPS…. Or a Sig P365XL. All of these are great triggers.

Or a…. ;)

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
If’n I wasn’t a Glock 43X fanboy, I would have a S&W M&P 2.0.

Or an HKVP9 Compact…. Or a Walther PPS…. Or a Sig P365XL. All of these are great triggers.

Or a…. ;)
Talking about best triggers among the semi-automatics I happen to own I think the very best overall is on my Walther Model 4, a 7.65 ugly duckling that was an example of lets do this in the best way with the existing tooling in-case it's a short war so we don't end up broke engineering.

It's as good and maybe better than the 1911s.

Model-4-03.png

It's 1910 and the lead up to WWI and the military wanted some smaller less complicated handguns than the Mauser P-08 but bigger than anyything Walther was making at the time that would serve as a police and military sidearm. Walther had the smaller Model 3 chambered in 7.65 but the military wanted something an inch or so longer and with a slightly larger capacity. But making a new slide would entail a whole new machinery line which was expensive and likely not a money maker if the contract fell though or the war ended quickly.

France had a similar need and it led to the 'Ruby' but the solution paths were entirely different. The solution for France was to turn to the Spanish Eibar region to make a simplified version of the Colt 1903 and to meet the demand the production was farmed out to perhaps as many as twenty smaller makers. The result was a nice handgun but with almost no uniformity between makers to the extent that in many cases the gun would only work with the magazines made by that particular maker and so in the field if you lost or damaged a magazine you could not just grab one from some other Ruby and expect it to work.

Walther took a different approach. Instead of investing in any additional machining Walther just made the barrels about an inch longer then their Model 3 and added a stamped steel bayonet mount extension that would extend the Model three side to cover the longer barrel and made the grip just a little longer to allow a few more rounds.

Model-4-06small.jpg

The result was a handgun that was rugged, had only 36 parts total, was very simple to field strip, required no tools for general maintenance and with an 8 + 1 capacity. Since all the guns were made by the same company on the same line and had common pieces parts they worked with any example without any hand fitting required.

OkieStubble

Great story and history. Simple, rugged. Makes me wonder where Gaston Glock got his inspiration from? :)

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Great story and history. Simple, rugged. Makes me wonder where Gaston Glock got his inspiration from? :)
My oldest striker fired pistols were both made in 1913. Until I bought the HS2000 in early 2001 all my striker fired pistols were at least a half century old. The only original thing with glock is the early of the polymer frame.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Talking about best triggers among the semi-automatics I happen to own I think the very best overall is on my Walther Model 4, a 7.65 ugly duckling that was an example of lets do this in the best way with the existing tooling in-case it's a short war so we don't end up broke engineering.

It's as good and maybe better than the 1911s.

View attachment 1486264

It's 1910 and the lead up to WWI and the military wanted some smaller less complicated handguns than the Mauser P-08 but bigger than anyything Walther was making at the time that would serve as a police and military sidearm. Walther had the smaller Model 3 chambered in 7.65 but the military wanted something an inch or so longer and with a slightly larger capacity. But making a new slide would entail a whole new machinery line which was expensive and likely not a money maker if the contract fell though or the war ended quickly.

France had a similar need and it led to the 'Ruby' but the solution paths were entirely different. The solution for France was to turn to the Spanish Eibar region to make a simplified version of the Colt 1903 and to meet the demand the production was farmed out to perhaps as many as twenty smaller makers. The result was a nice handgun but with almost no uniformity between makers to the extent that in many cases the gun would only work with the magazines made by that particular maker and so in the field if you lost or damaged a magazine you could not just grab one from some other Ruby and expect it to work.

Walther took a different approach. Instead of investing in any additional machining Walther just made the barrels about an inch longer then their Model 3 and added a stamped steel bayonet mount extension that would extend the Model three side to cover the longer barrel and made the grip just a little longer to allow a few more rounds.

View attachment 1486282

The result was a handgun that was rugged, had only 36 parts total, was very simple to field strip, required no tools for general maintenance and with an 8 + 1 capacity. Since all the guns were made by the same company on the same line and had common pieces parts they worked with any example without any hand fitting required.
Love fixed barrel semis- they have end to be tack drivers.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
My LCP II is really nice to shoot once I added the extended Mag. It fills my hand so I can squeeze the grip and control it much better. I have never had a trigger issue except it feels like it moves 4 inches before it starts to engage. It is a carry gun so I am used to that.

The bullet drop is quite amazing between 7 and 10 yards.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I took the LCP Max with it's new Galloway trigger to the range today, see that thread for target results. Bottom line is that the Sigurd trigger is much smoother and more comfortable, but the gun still has a tendency to shoot low as the poundage has not been reduced. Pulling to the left is also reduced, or perhaps I'm getting used to it. Is it worthwhile changing out the trigger? I think so, but YMMV. If you are going to carry it and use it regularly, I would make the switch. You are responsible for any wild shots, so it reduces those to a certain degree. But it is not a cure all.

OkieStubble

I took the LCP Max with it's new Galloway trigger to the range today, see that thread for target results. Bottom line is that the Sigurd trigger is much smoother and more comfortable, but the gun still has a tendency to shoot low as the poundage has not been reduced. Pulling to the left is also reduced, or perhaps I'm getting used to it. Is it worthwhile changing out the trigger? I think so, but YMMV. If you are going to carry it and use it regularly, I would make the switch. You are responsible for any wild shots, so it reduces those to a certain degree. But it is not a cure all.

I gotta figure out something for the wife to make hers easier to hit with during rapid fire. I don’t want to have to trade her Max back for my sweet shootin’ LCPEA II. :)

I gotta figure out something for the wife to make hers easier to hit with during rapid fire. I don’t want to have to trade her Max back for my sweet shootin’ LCPEA II. :)
Probably the Galloway trigger.🙂 I believe MCarbo has an LCP flat trigger also, but Galloway was the only one that would fit my LC380.

The flat triggers do make a difference. Its a feel that takes some getting used to, but once you have, the breaks are so much better. You can still outrun the horrid reset on the Rugers, but these kits take at least some of the slop out.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I forgot to mention that the pretravel is reduced and a quicker reset is obtained with the Galloway Sigurd trigger in the LCP Max.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I came across one of these not long ago. Thought this might be a nice addition. We'll see...
Here were my two RM380s. Both had the Galloway trigger springs upgrade and the black one has the VZ grip panels. I recently sold the Blue one to an acquaintance for his wife who wanted a small accurate reliable pistol that was easy to rack.

Black-Cherry-Blue-02-small.jpg

The VZ grip panels added a very slight additional width and just a small bit greater control.

Top Bottom