What's new

Which trimmer for nose & ears

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I use a version of this one (the colours on mine are different and it didn't come with the attachment):

It's never tugged or nipped me and it's easier to clean, just rinse it (every so often I'll take either an alcohol pad to it or some hyd peroxide) and is easy to use, just twist on and swirl it around. I think you may find this version cheaper at your local Walmart off the shelf, but double check.
I have something very similar to this. I’ve been using for probably 15yrs and the brand has rubbed off of it and I can’t remember who made it. I use it for nose and outside ear hairs. Ear canal hairs are pulled by my wife. I think she enjoys a) the pain it causes me and b) telling me that the older I get the longer my ear hairs grow.

My dentist told me that during the pandemic they saw some of the longest nose hairs ever. People neglected trimming them because they always wore a mask. The dentist office was one place where the masks had to come off and the staff has to get up close to your face.

I honestly just used my VS nose hair trimmer less than 30mins ago because a random nose hair was bothering me. I don't exactly have a fern growing out of my nose though.

Attachments

• VS Sassoon.jpg
    VS Sassoon.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 11

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
ConairMan. The best, but most aggressive. It may bite if you tilt it wrong, until you get the hang of it, but it's really good for getting hairs others don't.

I took your advice on Conair but ordered this one. I just used it for the first time and have never used an electric trimmer before, only scissors. The shape of the head makes a difference... Nostril BBS? No problem! hahaha

Easy to use, tug free and works perfectly, even better than I imagined. I was surprised how small it is and the battery goes in seemingly backwards but, as long as it lasts a while, its money well spent.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have a few of these suggestions saved in my Amazon wishlist but am still using a rounded nose scissors for my nostrils and an Andis hair clippers with 00000 edging blades for my ears.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
There is only one kind of electric trimmer that works in nose nostrils, runs off a single tripple AAA battery, there are a bunch of them sold on Amazon. For general detailing work, a Wahl trimmer detailer is what you want.

I used to be of a similar mind concerning the nose trimmers. That was until I picked up a Whal 9888. It comes with nose trimmer, plus other attachments, and makes the replaceable battery rotary trimmers irrelevant.

That’s the one I use. Works great for me. But I’ve had others before that worked really well too - can’t recall the brands.

I have to say that the electric nose/ear hair trimmer is the best invention in history. I think if you have a house, a bed, a chair and a nose/ear hair trimmer then your life is going to be just fine. Maybe a pair of trousers and some shoes as well.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I have a few of these suggestions saved in my Amazon wishlist but am still using a rounded nose scissors for my nostrils and an Andis hair clippers with 00000 edging blades for my ears.

I read a review or two that suggested they were too loud for trimming ear hair. I have no idea about the others but the one I bought is nearly silent.

I have to say that the electric nose/ear hair trimmer is the best invention in history.

Having never used one before, I had hoped it would be easy to use and comfortable. Just the thought of tugging makes my eyes water lol but yeah, I'm convinced. They work incredibly well. It is a bit of a strange sensation not having any hair in my nostrils after 55 years but, its a welcome change.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Groomate XL

Stainless steel construction with super sharp blades that don't tug or pull at all!

For the last several years I've been using the only half decent battery powered nose trimmer I've ever had. All of the sudden today it won't work. I went on Amazon to find a replacement, but they don't make the brand or exact model anymore. Or, maybe they do, but under another name.

I've tried a bunch of 'em. Most are total garbage. Besides I'm avoiding Chinese made products as much as I can.

1659809671997.png

Anyway, I decided to try the Groomate XL. On the assumption they're as good as many reviews indicate, I ordered from the company (not Amazon) the model with the leather pouch, brush, and screw on cap. It was more expensive than the basic model of course and is probably exactly the same in every respect in terms of its functional abilities. It looks a bit different, but I don't know if the size is the same or not. Anyway, it's on the way.

I like that it's stainless steel and American made and manually operated with a great guarantee. The reviews impressed me. This write up from a source I trust impressed me even more.

Assuming it actually works - and if it doesn't I'll return it - this will be the last nose trimmer I'll ever buy.

Thanks for telling me about the Groomate XL.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I use a version of this one (the colours on mine are different and it didn't come with the attachment):

It's never tugged or nipped me and it's easier to clean, just rinse it (every so often I'll take either an alcohol pad to it or some hyd peroxide) and is easy to use, just twist on and swirl it around. I think you may find this version cheaper at your local Walmart off the shelf, but double check.
I have been using this for the last 3 years. Works very well. I bought mine at Target. Same device.

I use a conairman that runs on a AAA. I used to use scissors. Sneezed once and cut the inside my nose, so I switched to the rotary style. My nose does get itchy after using the rotary however.

For the last several years I've been using the only half decent battery powered nose trimmer I've ever had. All of the sudden today it won't work. I went on Amazon to find a replacement, but they don't make the brand or exact model anymore. Or, maybe they do, but under another name.

I've tried a bunch of 'em. Most are total garbage. Besides I'm avoiding Chinese made products as much as I can.

View attachment 1500344

Anyway, I decided to try the Groomate XL. On the assumption they're as good as many reviews indicate, I ordered from the company (not Amazon) the model with the leather pouch, brush, and screw on cap. It was more expensive than the basic model of course and is probably exactly the same in every respect in terms of its functional abilities. It looks a bit different, but I don't know if the size is the same or not. Anyway, it's on the way.

I like that it's stainless steel and American made and manually operated with a great guarantee. The reviews impressed me. This write up from a source I trust impressed me even more.

Assuming it actually works - and if it doesn't I'll return it - this will be the last nose trimmer I'll ever buy.

Thanks for telling me about the Groomate XL.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Please let us know if the Groom Mate shaves close enough for you.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Linski:
I use my "Mirco Wet/Dry..." (works good...gets the job done), trimmer by Wahl (I bought at Walmart for $10US), for sensitive areas like my ears, nose, eyebrows (trimming), & other body grooming (man-scaping), areas as needed. :ihih:

1659839014524.png

1659839435771.png
"A [hair trimmer] can't be sharpened on a piece of velvet [...your hair is your canvas]". Author Unknown

Last edited:

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
For ears, mostly, no lie, a Knipex channel lock. I yank them out. I swear my ear hair grows faster than my head hair. It's faster, easier and more effective than the little nostril clipper.

Top Bottom