What's new

Participation PIF - The Unobtainium Polsilver Super Stainless

The good news: Blades arrived.

The bad news: They arrived right after I shaved. Was inevitable I suppose.

The Good news: I happen to have two identical Wolfman Guerrilla Razors, so in the next week I will try to do a side by side comparison shave with the Polsilver SS vs Wizamet SI. Should be interesting.

EPIC!! The response has been EXCELLENT!!

An update for everyone
:

The PIF Phase is CLOSED!! Everyone who said that they were in will be receiving blades!! And the response has been AMAZING!!

I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of B&B'ers for addresses, and Everyone when you receive your blades!! That means that nearly 60 B&B'ers will be Participating!! This is EPIC!!

Last Participation PIF a couple of packs were lost in the mail, so I'm hold a few blades back as replacements, just in case. I may not be able to send out a 2nd 5-blade pack, but you will receive a few blades.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
The brown blades in the PIF are NOT Super Stainless. They are Polsilver Stainless.
Iridium is Super Stainless. Iridium Super is Extra Stainless.
This can be seen on the photos in posts 72 and 77.

These browns are not super stainless, they are just stainless, the Iridium is super stainless, and Iridium super is extra stainless.
I think that I realize that I feel that I have understood the point that was made exactly the way it was in fact made, and not in any other way, through some kind of presumable principle that made me inevitably and necessarily believe in what I unconsciously thought I have truly and supposedly even fundamentally understood from the very simple and undeniable truth that can be summed up by attentively presuming that in relation to the given assumption that can not be taken for granted, even if I could of started trying to question the veracity of the exact idea which I had subconsciously tried to avoid from coming into being in the very reality that consistently keeps underlying all the logically absurd kinds of accuracy in relation to the presumably imagined future trajectory of the discourse about all the countless conjectures that hypothetically don't have anything to do with paradoxical presumption to fully and unavoidably proceeding to question the concrete and evidently impossible steps in a conjectural direction of putting needlessly countless and unimportant imperatives that in a truly counter intuitive manner can't but become some sort of way out of the classic categorical proposals that are in fact nothing else but conservatively wishful thinking about the same issues and questions that arise from the simple fact that we can not deny or propose to start gradually destabilizing unsteady processes that prevent us from coming forward and admitting that we are not worthy to even become sure of the very things we are distorting by the way of deformation, and all this is only being perpetrated while seeing the fiercely perverted digression from the orientation that we all can not ever be sure about!

Just to clarify. The brown blades in the PIF are NOT Super Stainless. They are Polsilver Stainless.
Iridium is Super Stainless. Iridium Super is Extra Stainless.
This can be seen on the photos in posts 72 and 77.
You are entirely CORRECT!! And I am...less correct!! I'm the one to blame for any confusion and false advertising. @Space_Cadet did NOT misrepresent them, I'm the confused one (albeit still very excited for this EPIC PIF and grateful to @Space_Cadet for providing 300 of these Unobtainium Polsilver Stainless Blades)!!

My apologies to Everyone!! Not ill intentions were meant!!

CatItWasMe2.jpg

I received my blades today as well. Thanks again to @Grundi and @Space_Cadet for the opportunity to try these vintage blades. For those who are curious I did put one of these blades under the microscope. I will also show a Polsilver Super Iridium from 2016 and a Wizamet Super Iridium from 2020 for comparison.

Polsilver Stainless 200x
Polsilver Stainless 200X.jpg

Polsilver Super Iridium 200x
D New 200x.jpg

Wizamet Super Iridium 200x
E New 200x.jpg

I will have to wait until after Shark Week to test these Polsilver Stainless blades.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I'll show you my two sleeves of vintage Wizamet Polsilver Stainless blades. The blades are magical, probably the best blades I've ever tried.
What seems a little weird to me is although both sleeves contain 25 tucks of 10 blades each, one is a little bigger than the other. But other than that everything is the same on those two, including what I think is the serial number of the product: BN-84/4523-04
One of the sleeves even has the price stamped on it: 300 polish zloty, which is in today's value of polish zloty equals 78.36$ but in the 1970-ies or the 1980-ies was probably much less than that.

IMG.jpg

IMG2.jpg

Last edited:
Left one must be newer stock. We got hyperinflation in the late 80s early nineties when the iron curtain was about to fall. Producers of various goods could not keep up with inflating prices so they stamped with ink, retailers did it too

I have one sleeve of these , rarely use them they're not my cup of tea maybe bad batch or something.. bn76 and bn71 these I do enjoy

I have a suspicion blades supplied within the Topic are later production (mid90s). I'm not familiar with these except i had some regular iridium with printing on blade that looked like the one from post #67, they were super sharp super smooth. comparable to St.Petersburg versions

here's what Wikipedia says about late Wizamet:

"In 1992, the Wizamet plants with 800 employees and in a very bad financial situation were privatized, 80% of the shares were bought by Gillette and 20% were sold to Wizamet employees. Workers paid half the price Gillette paid for the action."

gilpol.png

if the blades kindly sent by Space_Cadet and Grundi are gilpol ones I'm confident most will like them :)

Last edited:
I'll show you my two sleeves of vintage Wizamet Polsilver Stainless blades. The blades are magical, probably the best blades I've ever tried.
What seems a little weird to me is although both sleeves contain 25 tucks of 10 blades each, one is a little bigger than the other. But other than that everything is the same on those two, including what I think is the serial number of the product: BN-84/4523-04
One of the sleeves even has the price stamped on it: 300 polish zloty, which is in today's value of polish zloty equals 78.36$ but in the 1970-ies or the 1980-ies was probably much less than that.

View attachment 1294799

View attachment 1294800

Interestingly, searching on BN-84/4523-04 Brings up images of that number on most of the boxes in your photo in message #96, as well as a technical PDF in Polish, (which I'm unable to read).

So are most of these the same blade, just from 2 factories over a 40 year stretch? Hmm...

There was one factory, after 1992 they were merged with gillette - technology of production and machines changed too i'm afraid (from that time approx 1992? norm markings bn-xx/4523 were gone)
I looked in the pdf, one bit of interesting information is that they coated Polsilver with just PTFE, Iridium with chrome coating and Super Iridium with chrome and chromium compounds. No info about pixie dust aka real iridium, whatever that is :)

Top Bottom