What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

Picked up an ATT copper handle from a B&B member and it's perfect. Better grip than the original handle.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
PAA Cube-looking for some thoughts on how well this thing works, is it worth picking up? any thoughts would be greatly aprecaited

I like it a lot so far. I've used a fair number of preshaves most of which have helped a little. I think the Cube helps to a quite significant degree. It's the best preshave I've used.

Mine is the non-mentholated version.

6-22-21.The.Cube.Preshave.640.JPG

I like the artwork on the box, too.

In my opinion, this preshave does a terrific job of increasing slickness and ghost lather. I'd say it makes a significant difference for me. Whether it will do the same for you is beyond me, but I'd guess it might.

There are several PAA scents I use all the time. I was replenishing my stock, and trying a new splash, too, and tossed the Cube in the basket. Glad I did.

Happy shaves,

Jim

M

member 119848

I have many razors from the $500 big boys to the 34c’s of the world and everywhere in between. My skin requires mild razors like the Rockwell 6S, RazoRock MJ-99A, DE89, R88, Karve B plate, Timeless .68 and .95… I had my first shave with Meta 4 the other day and I was blown away - absolutely loved it (again for my skin). I used it for a week with my favorite blades (Nacet, Wizamet, Derby, TREET and Astra) - same result - perfect shaves, zero irritation, completely glass smooth skin (Moon soaps, PAA Cavendish, Zingari The Merchant)… Right before I tried the Meta 4 I was emailing to get on the Paradigm list - I’m staying on the list but in all honesty, My ATT’s, Timeless, my Wolfman seem ridiculous when my perfect shave is the Meta 4.
The Timeless .68 is a razor of mine too and I find the shaves of the Meta-4 just as smooth and efficient.
I agree with your honest statement... there is no need to spend hundreds of $ for a premium razor to get great shaves.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have many razors from the $500 big boys to the 34c’s of the world and everywhere in between. My skin requires mild razors like the Rockwell 6S, RazoRock MJ-99A, DE89, R88, Karve B plate, Timeless .68 and .95… I had my first shave with Meta 4 the other day and I was blown away - absolutely loved it (again for my skin). I used it for a week with my favorite blades (Nacet, Wizamet, Derby, TREET and Astra) - same result - perfect shaves, zero irritation, completely glass smooth skin (Moon soaps, PAA Cavendish, Zingari The Merchant)… Right before I tried the Meta 4 I was emailing to get on the Paradigm list - I’m staying on the list but in all honesty, My ATT’s, Timeless, my Wolfman seem ridiculous when my perfect shave is the Meta 4.

I'm interested in this razor - the PAA Meta-4 - in terms of its efficiency (how efficient is it?) and in terms of what its best shaving angle is (does it like a steep angle or a shallow angle?).

Your comments make it hard to resist pulling the trigger.

I, too, have lots of razors. Finding a very smooth shaving razor on my shelves is easy. Finding a very smooth shaving razor which is extremely efficient and doesn't bite me is very hard.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I'm interested in this razor - the PAA Meta-4 - in terms of its efficiency (how efficient is it?) and in terms of what its best shaving angle is (does it like a steep angle or a shallow angle?).

Your comments make it hard to resist pulling the trigger.

I, too, have lots of razors. Finding a very smooth shaving razor on my shelves is easy. Finding a very smooth shaving razor which is extremely efficient and doesn't bite me is very hard.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Yes the only thing holding me back is not knowing if it likes a steep angle!

PAA Ice cube
PAA doppelganger black soap
PAA doppelganger black splash
PAA mysterium serum

Blackland blackbird
Feather blade (first)
Capt choice copper bowl
Rubberset 400 No.4 26mm 2 band badger
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

Admittedly, I'm not a fan of pre-shave products. Tried a bunch and always arrived to the same conclusion, which is to say - WT(F), this does nothing.

Or so I thought 😂

This Cube thing is absolutely mind-blowing and I've been enjoying it for the last couple of shaves.

Funny thing is, they advertise it as "pre-shave soap", but it is downright awesome as a stand-alone shaving soap, as well.

Anyways, today was my "menthol blast" shave - I used the Cube as advertised - washed my face with it, then rubbed it over my wet face. I have then loaded my T3 brush, swirling on the surface of the Cube, then went on to build the lather with an almond size amount of Proraso Cypress & Veyver cream.

(digression here: I love Proraso C&V cream, but can't say the same of their "green" soap, cream and pre-shave)

So, a combo of the woody cream, loaded with the menthol blast from the Cube was nothing short of sensational.

Loved it all the way through.

Post-shave feel was out-of-this-world great, as one wood imagine, given the list of ingredients.

And so the Cube enters my software "Hall of Fame" and regular rotation. Fantastic!

1625235886618.png

Attachments

• 1625235107340.png
    1625235107340.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
I haven't seen a "Favorite PAA soaps" thread lately so I figure it's time, particularly because there are so many that I don't remember or haven't tried like Immortal Peach, Son Of Honeysuckle, Astra Planeta, DAB, Diver Down, or Fresco.

My current favorites are Dapper Doc's and Good Vibrations and I plan to get Atomic Age Bay Rum soon.

What do you like?

I’ve only tried Cad, Sangre De Drago and Future Fiction. I also have shampoo pucks in Gondolier and Atmotic. Hard to pick a favourite cause they’re all great, but it’s summer so I’ll go with Cad.

Top Bottom