What's new

Slickest Shaving Soap (or Cream)?

This
I finally tried my puck of Williams last week and have been using it daily since. After all the bad mouthing I expected at least some difficulty lathering...I had none. Mountains of effortless lather on the first try. Lathers just as easily as any of my artisans and blows every single one of them out of the water in sheer slickness. Lather was nice and dense and did not dissipate.

Don't subscribe to heard thinking. Williams lathers just fine and provides a fine shave
I sincerely think this depends on the hardness/softness of your water. I've watched all the videos and read all the posts and have NEVER gotten what I'd consider a "good" lather from Williams. You're right about the slickness though. Even with my quickly dissipating lather, the slickness came through loud and clear. I'd forgotten about that!

I've tried Stirling, BM, A&E Butter, Mike's, Soap Commander, Tobac, MWF, TOBS. I have but haven't yet tried Arko.
So far the best slickness is A&E and Mike's, then Soap Commander. I have to try Stirling again...just ordered their unscented Sheep and pre-shave soap.
The Stirling Sheep 🐑 arrived today...along with their unscented pre-shave soap. Let’s see if they’re as slick as they say they are 😉

The Stirling Sheep 🐑 arrived today...along with their unscented pre-shave soap. Let’s see if they’re as slick as they say they are 😉

Stirling is good soap, I have a coupleof their offerings. My slickest, best performing soap is PAA with their new CK-6 base. Awesome product with great scents to choose from. Check them out.

Wow...that’s one slick sheep! 🐑 Awesome lather, performance, subtle scent, and post-shave 😊

1621624536105.png

Next up...Kaizen!
1621624345099.png

The slickest soap I've shaved with, has comprised of all sorts of left over bits of shaving soap, and hand soap whipped up in a shaving bowl. -If I could only market this concoction, it would beat ANY shaving soap in terms of cushioning and slickness !!

So don't throw those tiny bits of soap away.
I think there's a name for this concoction...🤔

I’m going to order my first Cold River Soap Works (Glide) soap. I can’t decide between:

Morning Ghost, described as:
Special vetiver essential oil that is green, earthy and spicy. Aromatic woodsy scent with a balanced lemony citrus running throughout.
Fragrance Profile: Earthy, Green, Spicy

and​

Ethereal, described as:
A classic fougère with notes of oakmoss, precious woods, lavender, suede and amber.
Fragrance Profile: Fougere

My favorite scent is TOBS Jermyn St, described as:
A modern fresh fougère fragrance with bergamot lemon lime and lavender supported by a heart of geranium neroli and amber resting on a substantive base of musk patchouli and vanilla.

Can anyone tell which CRSW is more like Jermyn Street?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I’m going to order my first Cold River Soap Works (Glide) soap. I can’t decide between:

Morning Ghost, described as:
Special vetiver essential oil that is green, earthy and spicy. Aromatic woodsy scent with a balanced lemony citrus running throughout.
Fragrance Profile: Earthy, Green, Spicy

and​

Ethereal, described as:
A classic fougère with notes of oakmoss, precious woods, lavender, suede and amber.
Fragrance Profile: Fougere

My favorite scent is TOBS Jermyn St, described as:
A modern fresh fougère fragrance with bergamot lemon lime and lavender supported by a heart of geranium neroli and amber resting on a substantive base of musk patchouli and vanilla.

Can anyone tell which CRSW is more like Jermyn Street?

Thanks!
Never mind...they're SOLD OUT!lol

Top Bottom