What's new

Slickest Shaving Soap (or Cream)?

To be clear I was referring to the tub, not the tube unlike the tube, it is made for Lathering. As mentioned I've only ever seen it on Amazon. It is called "Cremo Lathering Shave Cream"

A vegan that can hang with the Tallow boys!
IMG-1347.jpg

Barrister&Mann Soft Heart and Ariana&Evans Kaizen 2 are probably the slickest on the market atm, but there are a number of close contenders. Some soaps have this quality where they have better residual than upfront slickness, which contributes to their overall protective capacity on the skin. You can feel the difference in protection vs other lesser soap bases imo, your skin feels significantly less damaged after the shave.

Barrister&Mann Soft Heart and Ariana&Evans Kaizen 2 are probably the slickest on the market atm, but there are a number of close contenders. Some soaps have this quality where they have better residual than upfront slickness, which contributes to their overall protective capacity on the skin. You can feel the difference in protection vs other lesser soap bases imo, your skin feels significantly less damaged after the shave.
Just ordered Barrister and Mann Waves and just tried A&E Kaizen
Not sure if it’s 1 or 2:
1623360382480.png

It’s nice but I prefer the tallow 😉
Very citrus-forward 🍊 and not quite as slick as I like 🤔

Just ordered Barrister and Mann Waves and just tried A&E Kaizen
Not sure if it’s 1 or 2:
View attachment 1279788
It’s nice but I prefer the tallow 😉
Very citrus-forward 🍊 and not quite as slick as I like 🤔

That's kaizen 1 and it is tallow. Waves is in the Reserve base, not Soft Heart. I'm suprised you didnt find Kaizen slick enough, never heard that as feedback. What did you find to be slicker?

The Stirling Sheep 🐑 arrived today...along with their unscented pre-shave soap. Let’s see if they’re as slick as they say they are 😉

Does Stirling Sheep smells like MWF?

I tried MWF, but the scent is not for me. Slickness and post shave feel were really good, though.

I’m a “scent dealbraker guy”: if I don’t like the scent, I can’t use the soap, no matter how good the other attributes may be.

Does Stirling Sheep smells like MWF?

I tried MWF, but the scent is not for me. Slickness and post shave feel were really good, though.

I’m a “scent dealbraker guy”: if I don’t like the scent, I can’t use the soap, no matter how good the other attributes may be.
Yes, Stirling Sheep has a slight odor 🐑 Baa!
But their Naked and Smooth smells clean and fresh off the puck. I will shave with it tomorrow. Honestly, I had to double check that it was tallow-based, because it has zero gaminess 👍🏻 If it performs as good as it smells (i.e. as good as a typical Stirling soap) I will have a new favorite!

I’d say the slickest I’ve found in recent years is Taylor’s Platinum cream.
I scoop a fingerful out and it’s sliding off my finger as I’m trying to put the lid back on the tub.
I rub it into my wet beard and before I can get my brush to my face the stuff is starting to drip off my chin.
It makes a great lather, has a great scent and goes brilliant for me with a straight razor honed on a coticule stone.

I’d say the slickest I’ve found in recent years is Taylor’s Platinum cream.
I scoop a fingerful out and it’s sliding off my finger as I’m trying to put the lid back on the tub.
I rub it into my wet beard and before I can get my brush to my face the stuff is starting to drip off my chin.
It makes a great lather, has a great scent and goes brilliant for me with a straight razor honed on a coticule stone.
TOBS Platinum and TOBS Jermyn Street Sensitive are two of my favorite scents. As a matter of fact, Jermyn Street is the only scent of which I bought everything - bath soap, pre-shave gel, shave cream, deodorant, post-shave balm, and aftershave! 😊

Yes, Stirling Sheep has a slight odor 🐑 Baa!
But their Naked and Smooth smells clean and fresh off the puck. I will shave with it tomorrow. Honestly, I had to double check that it was tallow-based, because it has zero gaminess 👍🏻 If it performs as good as it smells (i.e. as good as a typical Stirling soap) I will have a new favorite!
I tried the Stirling Naked and Smooth today...and it performed as expected! The scent did change, however. It went from a definite clean, fresh scent to almost completely scent-neutral. I've tried about ten "unscented" soaps so far, and this is the first one that truly lives up to its name! Perhaps someone with a better nose than me would be able to pick up something, but I honestly couldn't smell anything at all 👃❌ Good job Stirling :a14:

Top Bottom