What's new

Shooting the Breeze- general chit chat

Recently, I got myself a nice hair clipper, the WAHL Elite Pro, as I decided to have a go at auto-hair cutting, due to the long term shut down of hair dressers due to Covid.
My first ever shot at cutting my own hair went surprisingly well -- I only mauled one side/burn a bit, otherwise a decent crew cut in my own opinion.
But -- I sorely miss shooting a breeze with my barber..! He is very skilled, not only at dressing hair, but indeed in the fine art of bantering too, just as you would expect from a complete skillful barber.
So, what to do..? this string seems a perfect alternative ....

Was this post intended for another sub forum? :)

I had to Google 'Haggis.' :) - a Scottish dish consisting of a sheep's or calf's offal mixed with suet, oatmeal, and seasoning and boiled in a bag, traditionally one made from the animal's stomach.

Didn't sound appetizing, but it's good to know, how to identify what it is. Wouldn't want to eat Haggis unknowingly and think, "man, this unknown stuff is pretty good!" ;)
I wouldn't worry about eating haggis, since it's illegal in it's proper form in the U.S. That is unless you make you own lol..

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?

I had to Google 'Haggis.' :) - a Scottish dish consisting of a sheep's or calf's offal mixed with suet, oatmeal, and seasoning and boiled in a bag, traditionally one made from the animal's stomach.

Didn't sound appetizing, but it's good to know, how to identify what it is. Wouldn't want to eat Haggis unknowingly and think, "man, this unknown stuff is pretty good!" ;)
Look up Machitos!
Now that’s some fine eating right there.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
They are delicious. Especially out at the ranch on a cold night with adult beverages and hot toasty corn tortillas.

I quit smoking cigars a few years ago. Since then, I have repurposed all of my big ash trays. They are now chock full of sharp small things that I don’t want to throw in the trash, spare parts from anything, parts I have found that I don’t recognize and things too small to store without loosing. I am not sure that I have ever benefited from saving all of these, but I will probably never throw them away. I just know, the day I do, I’ll need something in there! Once filled, I empty them into the empty coffee cans, which is another item I can’t seem to throw away. I label them “possibly important parts” and have a dedicated storage space in my shed that is almost impossible to reach....since I never actually get in them..... If nothing else, I figure it will at least be a good practical joke when my son inherits all my crap.
😂:a21:
This somehow sounds very familiar. My version is to stuff smaller "things" into a few dedicated drawers. Once full, I occasionally empty drawers into bigger plastic boxes, which initially go under my bed, and later into a rental store room. Yup ... I sacrifice some dough to hold on to things. At least I only have one rental store room. I few years ago, I spent Christmas with my cousin. Trying to chase down his stand for the Christmas tree, we drove around town to search his assortment of rental store rooms, jam packed with clutter. Christmas stand was in the third rental store room we passed by. Dare I say that my cousin also has two barns (two stories each) on his own property (apart from his house) -- filled with "things". Doesn't it feel good to have your things, tho -- like ... masses of ... shaving gear ♾️ 🕉

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
My version is to stuff smaller "things" into a few dedicated drawers.
At my house that drawer is known as the “If I got it” drawer. As in “if I got it, it’s in that drawer.” In the garage I have a “if I got it” 5 gallon bucket you DO NOT want to stick your hand in the bucket with looking first. Lots of sharp pointy things.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I am, Dave. Thank you! I think the knee will be ok. Gonna hurt like the devil tomorrow but no swelling, no bruising, I can put all my weight on it, and have to move it at a pretty weird angle to make it complain. I think it’s just a sprain. Face is a mess (an improvement? 🤣) and TBH I was more worried about my back when I went down. I have some career inducted issues and I want to avoid getting cut on. That scares the devil out of me.
Good back surgeries are few and far between
I volunteered for overtime again. I know. I know. Anyway they assigned me another midnight to 8 shift. So another 8-4, go home and rest, work overtime m-8, work my regular 8-4, go home, try to spend time with the family, sleep, and work my regular 8-4 the next day.
I wimped out and called and got excused. My excuse? After 34 years of this my body just can’t do it anymore. 4-12 and then m-8? Sure but not midnight-8 and then 8-4.
I remember the time years ago I worked 5 of those in a row or right after 9-11 when we were working 100 hours of overtime a pay period. Not a problem.
Not anymore.
Y’all stay safe
That is all!!
I gave up overtime the day I paid the house off. Let the young guys have it.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.

It's menudo in a bag.

At my house that drawer is known as the “If I got it” drawer. As in “if I got it, it’s in that drawer.” In the garage I have a “if I got it” 5 gallon bucket you DO NOT want to stick your hand in the bucket with looking first. Lots of sharp pointy things.

In my house, it is known as the "what do you have all that stuff in that drawer for???, drawer.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Or knowing how far them pieces parts fly it reasonably could be from another dimension. I swear I've had parts simply disappear into another dimension.

Ain’t that the truth and they’ve also appeared from other dimensions and not matter how much you search you cannot discover what they belong to.

You see @HARMON? I told you there was a market for those bright yellow towels of yours.

Now if we can just figure out how to turn them into bright yellow carpet? I sense a business venture. :)

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Our cabin in Michigan has the Uhm. It's a cabinet full o' stuff one might need from tools to fishing lures. "Hey! We blew a fuse!" (OLD cabin). Someone yells back "I THINK THERE'S ONE IN THE.... UHMMMMM?" As a young 'un I thought an Uhm was an actual piece of furniture like an Armoire or something. :lol:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
file-40.jpeg

Top Bottom