What's new

Shooting the Breeze- general chit chat

Yes, hexagonal shaped pens and pencils worked great.

Also, the ability to pause recording allowed me and my grade school pals to record burps that lasted several minutes. This was especially cool when you put tape over the little holes in the top of the music cassette so you record these burps over your mother’s favorite Everly Brothers casette!

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Winding it back up with a hex pencil are skills forever lost.

Nah. You can put the pencil in a drill chuck too, for powerwinding.

I do remember laughing with evil glee when a buddy's car stereo choked, and punching the eject button got a cassette linked to a double-streamer of cassette tape still inside ...

And yet; it was better than eight-track.

(Robert Plant wails)
"To be a rock .... (music fades. KA-CLUNK. music builds back up ...) ... and not to rooolllll!"

AA

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
buddhist-auto-repair.jpg

My first car had an eight track player. A new stereo was too much and I just couldn’t listen to my eight track collection, which consisted of the Xanadu soundtrack, Star Wars soundtrack, and a Village People album. I found an adapter that was shaped like an eight track, but you put the cassette into it and pushed it into the player. It worked great occasionally. It only had fast forward and no rewind ...annoying. Whom ever the co pilot was had to use a pencil to rewind the cassettes....manually. That fact saved me more gas than any technology ever could. Nobody ever wanted me to drive. They knew, a mile down the road I’d toss them my Ozzy cassette to rewind! I was the ride of last resort.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Well, as of 04/24/2021 Arkansas SB59 becomes Act 156 making Arkansas a 2A sanctuary state. Texas shouldn't be too far behind with SB513. Glad to see my home and home away from home states taking a stand!

I am glad Texas is going to become a 2A state. The problem is the Feds can still nail you even if the state choses not to.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
It comes in 3’s.
The wife has been wanting some electrical work done outside and this morning one of the bathroom light switches sparked so instead of me doing it I called an electrician.
While waiting for him I noticed the water heater leaking.
1)Replaced the water heater

one of the outdoor floodlights was out and I had it replaced. Although it was on a timer the previous electrician wired it “hot”.
2)ugly wiring

The youngest daughter is having an allergic reaction to something.
3)youngest breaking out in hives

that’s enough for today

oh wait. I didn’t get to clean my duty weapon this morning and I cut my finger sharpening a knife

I should have stayed in bed.

Top Bottom