What's new

Shooting the Breeze- general chit chat

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Surely he has ran a vacuum cleaner since then? ;)

🤔 The covid thing took out the cleaning lady.

In a manner of speaking.

It may be the CZ-52 plunger spring.

Best case scenario, something unneeded from a Wolff gun springs bag.

Or the old trigger return spring from the last two jobs, SP101 and Bisley... 🤔 See what I mean?

AA

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
This is gonna drive you nuts. You will end up breaking down every weapon you own until you discover where the spring belongs. I know I would.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Ain’t that the truth and they’ve also appeared from other dimensions and not matter how much you search you cannot discover what they belong to.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
But science is teaching us much and tearing way the cover of the mysteries.

I always wondered why I had so many clothes hangers and where the sock went. Recently though science showed that when the heat and humidity are just right two socks will mate and then evolve leaving just one sock and a new clothes hanger.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
The Scroll of Truth!

file-34b.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Or knowing how far them pieces parts fly it reasonably could be from another dimension. I swear I've had parts simply disappear into another dimension.

There's a Mauser HSc magazine baseplate follower in my garage.... Somewhere. I would NEVER have lost the baseplate; who KNEW🤬 there was a part in between!

Now I got a $$ mag down for a gun I never shoot. 🤔 It's bothering me. Every time I move something in the garage, I hope to find it.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
But science is teaching us much and tearing way the cover of the mysteries.

I always wondered why I had so many clothes hangers and where the sock went. Recently though science showed that when the heat and humidity are just right two socks will mate and then evolve leaving just one sock and a new clothes hanger.

Clothing is utterly unimportant, IMHO. We're talking about a mission critical item being out of place.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Solved.

You didn't think I was slipping? 🤔

Usually leftovers go in a marked Ziploc. This (one!) time I taped the old/unused to the instructions... And that tiny cylinder pin return spring was missing. Until now.

"Green Light all." 🤣

AA

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Stepped on something - bare feet of course. WFH.

🤔 A small spring.

🤔 You KNOW it goes in a gun. But which?

🤔 This is going to mess with my mind until solved.

AA
That would gnaw at my psyche too! At least it wasn’t a spent primer! I though legos were bad to step on!!!

My adventure for the day involved a missing squirrel. They won the day today..Popped the little bugger, saw him fall, and... Gone! I hate to waste an animal so I put the rifle up (Thank God!) and started looking. The thought crossed my mind that maybe the carcass was on my neighbors pool house roof as it it right against the fence line and next to the tree in question. It is starting to rain as I hop up on the master craft parked next to said fence to take a look. Nothing. Then I tried to get back down. Left foot on trailer wheel arch, right hand on a tree... and all hell broke loose. Left foot shoots off of wheel arch, right knee goes “crunch”, I head butt said tree/those awesome little green sticker vines, and end up in a position that I’d describe as a cross between downward dog, sunrise position, and child pose. Yeah I don’t know either but pretty much one limb in each position with the remaining limb MIA and wondering where my glasses went. think I was pushed and the tree rats are taking this personally! 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Top Bottom