What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 7th - December 13th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no picture today...
I had a very rushed 3 pass shave today, all in all 10-12min instead of my usual relaxed 20-25.
Either is the Gillette yellow smoothing out or the Merkur is bringing the best out of it. Anyways super quick and smooth shave with no nicks/weepers/irritation.

Pre:-
Razor: Merkur 34 HD Gold
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock SharpEdge yellow 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 26mm twoband
Cream: Proraso red
Result: DFS+

PSX_20201207_121927.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze TRBR38
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (German)
Brush: Frank Shaving G4 Synthetic striped handle
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Bay Rhum
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Imagen

SOTD 08/12/2020

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: RAZOROCK HAWK V3 OC HD Handle

Blade: FEATHER PROGUARD

Brush: SEMOGUE Barbear Classico sintética 2017 LE 70/100 en 24mm

Pre-Shave: Agua caliente

Lather: MUSGO Ach Brito

Aftershave: MUSGO REAL

Additional Care:

MYRSOL emulsión

SOTD-WFSR-B_2020-12-08.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: DS Cosmetic 26/49 Two Band
Soap: TFS Kathmandu
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
ASL: TFS Kathmandu

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

The only change today was the blade. I'm changing each blade after five shaves, just to see if I notice any great difference between them with this razor... so far nothing worth mentioning.

I'm really loving the Kathmandu scents. I keep on going into the bathroom and sniffing the soap and the aftershave... and get disappointed because I only get the top notes. Sitting here now (about an hour and a half after my shave) I'm really enjoying the base and middle notes.
If I wasn't crazy I'd be worried about myself. :letterk1:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Brad Sears Arley 28 Estate Badger
Grooming Department Pre-Shave
Grooming Department Angel
H&S NO75
Wizamet Super Iridium
(not shown) DRHarris Windsor AS

Great shave. First time using Angel (love it) and first time trying a Wizamet in the NO75 -- and it worked wonderfully.
2020.12.08 - SOTD Angel Sears NO75 2.jpeg

Tuesday, 12/8

20201208_181154.jpg

Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Green
Brush - Mojo Handcrafts 26mm Declaration B9A
Soap - Stirling Black Cherry
A/S - Brickell unscented

Merkur never disappoints. Nice smooth shave aided by a sterling Stirling lather. Everything was humming nicely, including the blade, which impressed me in the Merkur. Very nice shave today, and what a scent on this soap! Love it.

LITERALLY a CVS shave today- NOT for the faint of heart!

Razor: Vanderhagen DE razor
Blade: Vanderhagen DE (1)
Brush: Vanderhagen Boar
Soap: Williams
ASB: Gillette Sensitive Skin Balm

I’ll tell you what, That razor is pretty mild & I’ve been using VDH blades in all my razors and I’ve yet to have a complaint. Today’s shave was a fine one as opposed to a DFS- 1st shave with a VDH so not as silky as I’d like- I’ll judge this razor w the blade on the next shave. People swear up and down these products are lousy- been wet shaving for a decade & I don’t seem to see what the problem is. Happy shaves!
1130B287-9B44-478D-8C23-B5CBEABB275D.jpeg

Tuesday, December 8, 2020
A Labored Shallow Shave

Preshave Preparation: Hot Shower
Preshave: Proraso White Preshave
Bowl/Scuttle: Captain’s Choice regular Copper Bowl
Brush: Edwin Jagger Super Badger
Cream/Soap: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter
Razor: Rockwell 6S plate #4
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless shave 20
Aftershave Treatment: Alum Block applied to a damp face. About a minute afterward, I washed the Alum off with cold water, followed by an application of Hyaluronic Acid. I then cleaned my tools and afterward applied First Aid moisturizer over the Hyaluronic Acid.
Results: I normally do 2 passes with cleanup, but this time it took e passes with cleanup. The shave was smooth and close with BBS on the cheeks and throat. Still can’t get BBS along the jawline. No nicks or weepers, in fact the Alum hardly had any sting. I’m not sure why this shave was different. I did use a new cream, but I don’t think that was it. I had symptoms of a mild migraine, if there is such a thing, and I’m thinking that was the cause. If tomorrow’s shave takes three passes, then I think the blade may be the cause. I just can’t believe it would have gone from a fine shave to mediocre shave in just one day.

Razor: Gillette Tech from aliexpress
Blade: Astra SS
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Timeless
Sop: Proraso Blue
A/S: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Great shave today. First time using the razor. Definitely could get by with it if I had to. And the fact that it was less than $5 shipped, didn’t hurt either.
807A970A-954C-4B86-837D-C6A5A71FAAD2.jpeg

Tuesday shave

78E0267B-EFDD-47CB-B84B-DC55E7E376D5.jpeg

Prep: PAA Cube 2.0
Soap: K Shave Worx Frosen
Brush: Simpson Astor A1 Best Badger
Razor: Wilkinson Sword TTO, shave #11
Blade: Astra SP (#1)
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid-> Mickey Lee Reunion aftershave

Back to an Astra and back to the standard shave angle tonight for a mostly DFS in two-passes, except for the right side of my neck which was CCS.

Tuesday Shave

IMG_20201208_071514.jpg

Razor: Gillette Heritage
Blade: Astra SP (#2)
Brush: Proraso Pro Boar
Pre: Cold Water Splashes + thin layer of Barbasol Soothing aloe
Soap: Arko Shaving Soap (puck, cold water)
Aftershave: Alum bar + Savela Rose water and witch hazel Tonic + Hyaluronic acid and Niacinamide gel moisturizer + Savela Aloe Vera & Bergamot Aftershave​

Still new in the game :straight: but learning a lot from you guys !.

I have been looking at different types of pre-shaves (oils, creams, gels, nothing..) and I was struck by the comments of some users who reported good results using shave foam cans as pre shave.... Intrigued, I decided to try it, first i wanted to try with gel but in the drugstore they were selling Barbasol with aloe and i have been reading good stuff about it so i got 1 small can, to my great joy I obtained very good results. I got a better shave with the can than with the oils and creams I've tried.

I have a very sensitive skin (mixed type) with thick beard and not an easy grown pattern to follow, all my life "shaving life" has been plagued with ingrowth hairs and very bad cases of irritated skin (razor burn) all over my face to the point that I hated anything related to "removing" hair from my face hahaha, the only time that i enjoy a shave it was done in a "good" barbershop, but the cost in time and money was way too high to do it daily or every 2 days.....until i discover the old and forgotten but still alive wet shaving DE world.

Since my first wet-shave with an old Aristocrat that I found, shaving has never been the same for me, thank you all :c18:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom