Razor: Fatip Noce Gentile
Blade: Shark Platinum (1)
Brush: Fatip Plissoft
Soap: MdC Vetyver
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambre
029_2_20.jpg

Monday
Pre-shave: Perricone Super Clean Face Wash /Stirling Ozark Mountain Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: OREN
Blade: KaI Captain Titan Protouch MG
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs 2019 Summer Edition
Soap: Mama Bear’s Ye Olde Barbershoppe
Aftershave: Alum/ Humphrey’s Witch Hazel/Booster Mosswood
Balm: Kiehl’s Facial Fuel

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Dec7th, 2020

Razor: MicroMatic Clog Pruf (Peerless model 17 nib S.B)-Mfg 1945, excellent mid range, nice shave as usual with the MicroMatics.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity+ smooths out nicely as used over time, Predictable.
Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside- mild scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow with brown whiskers 26mm- excellent lather creator, has nice backbone for scrub + cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush washed my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my MMCP with a coated gem blade.

MMMonday, Dec7th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

25872304-38BC-4343-9C71-A35DA7E5B23E.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 7, 2020

A bright sunny Pearl Harbor Day morning here in the Philadelphia suburbs. Seventy-nine years since the “day that will live in infamy”. My father fought in the Pacific as a young Marine Officer from Iwo Jima through the Japanese surrender. I dedicate this shave in his memory, and will briefly step away from my Feather DX focus to use what has become my favorite straight razor, my Manhattan Cutlery Sheffield Steel 13/16 for the mug shave. Continuing my den reduction safety razor review, this morning featured my Classic Shaving Occam’s DE, acquired a year ago and only used a few times. The MrEE Tuxedo Synth Aluminum handled ‘Monster’ easily whipped up the two kinds of MWF lathers I enjoy for my shaves - the thinner wet lather for my mug, and the thicker, yogurty lather for the noggin.

The three pass (WTG, ATG, XTG) mug shave with this wonderful straight was awesome. I selected the most aggressive plate, clearly modeled on the Eclipse Red Ring design, and completed an uneventful superb two pass (ATG, ATG) dome shave. The shave reminded me of my Eclipse Red Ring in feel, although the Occam’s Razor with the enhanced gold handle is heavier. I do like this razor, but do I need another Red Ring influenced shaver? I’ll have to think on this in light of the terrific shave it delivered. Should I sell it so someone else can give it the attention it deserves? It could easily, with its three plates and two top caps, serve as someone’s daily driver. Classic Shaving designed it as a razor for newer wet shavers, and it could serve in that role nicely. In any case I feel velveteen smooth, clean and refreshed.

RAZOR: Manhattan Cutlery Modified French Point 13/16 (Mug), Occam’s DE from Classic Shaving
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Aluminum Handle Monster Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Williams Aqua Velva (Spanish Version).

SOTD-WFSR-G_2020-12-07.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: DS Cosmetic 26/49 Two Band
Soap: TFS Kathmandu
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (5)
ASL: TFS Kathmandu

WFSR Shave 30:
Another super shave. :biggrin:

My intended 30 shaves with the WFSR are up. It was a great experience. I'm wondering if my next shave will be with a different razor, or not. At this moment I feel like I could continue with the WFSR forever and be very happy... but being fickle, we'll see what happens next shave (when it happens).

All the team performed great today, again.

Third shave in and I'm enjoying my massive (to me) brush. It's certainly different to any brush I've used before. I'm glad to say that it's a lather monster, and amazingly I haven't lathered my ears (so far).

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

PSX_20200927_114409.jpg

Razor: Gem Micromatic Chrome Flying Wing
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Hi! Shave #71:
IMG_20201207_193318_429.JPG

Pre: hot water, homemade olive oil soap.
Lather: Martin de Candre Vétyver.
Brush: CRV Extremadura gold.
Razor: Gillette Toggle D1.
Blade: Feather (#4).
Take care and have a nice day!.

Monday, 12/7

20201207_170552.jpg

Razor - Gillette Old Type
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Grizzly Bay "Snow Stars" 26mm Quartermoon
Soap - Ariana & Evans Ouddiction
A/S - Brickell unscented

Kaizen continues to just be ridiculous. Shiny plastic lather. The scent is totally awesome, sort of a spiced honey grounded by a slightly woody base. The Old Type was quite smooth on the first pass and didn't feel that aggressive, but on the second pass it was more "blade-y". It felt especially so on my upper lip. Consequently I have a little token irritation after the shave, but still all good. And man oh man does this razor shave close! Ridiculously smooth face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom